Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » My ex wont leave me be.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My ex wont leave me be.
Love to love
Activist
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love to love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, long sotry short my ex broke up with me two months ago.. There were a few weeks where we almost got back together but I told him no and not to contact me. Well, he text me probably 3 or 4 weeks ago telling me goodmorning, asking how I was and blah blah. I didn't reply... Well then a week ago I found a cd at my doorstep.. I saw it said my name and I was slightly confused.. only when I realized who the band was, was whne I knew it was from him. I was SO pissed off I made a bad choice and asked him if he left it here, then I sent another text telling him not to reply because I dind' want to talk to him. Well he replied saying he still cared and he was sorry for trying. I of course snet him a text saying I didn't want him to try, I didn't want him to care. I cant be his friend and we would never ever be a couple and to leave me alone. Well he didn't reply. So I was happy.

Until last night, I got a text from him saying 'have fun tonight!' because I was waiting in line for HP at midnight, he knew I was a huge HP fan...

I don't know what I have to do to get it accross to him that I really don't like hearing from him and really don't want too.. I thought I explained myself clearly that I didn't want to talk to him and that we would NEVER ever be back together.

And before anyone thinks that maybe he's just being friendly.. like he wants to be JUST friends. It's not true.. We have a mutual friend who I was talking to about things and he said 'he knew my ex broke up with me, but he also knew my ex wishes he had me back'. I don't want him back, and never will. I just don't know what to do to get him to stop. I don't plan on texting him... but I don't want to delete his number in case he calls or texts and I answer either or... ya know?

GAH!

Posts: 115 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First things first: can you block him from your phone? If not, it sounds to me like it's time to change your phone number. Clearly, you're trying very hard to set your limits and boundaries, but he refuses to hear or respect them. That doesn't surprise me, since it was a huge part of his behavior when you were together. Clearly, he's not changed, which is also unsurprising.

So, that means you have to change something: continuing to ask isn't working. Changing your phone number will.

In terms of things left at your door, I'd simply nonrespond in the future. Just bring whatever it is to the trash and don't contact him about it.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67165 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love to love
Activist
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love to love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if changing my number would do much. We have a lot of mutual friends, some that I could never lose contact with.. I don't think they would give him my number but I'm afraid he would somehow get it..
Posts: 115 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you checked into blocking him from your phone? A lot of times there's either a setting to block a number - or a way that you can have them blocked by calling the phone company. Take a look through the phone settings and call settings and see if there's a way to block numbers.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3418 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love to love
Activist
Member # 45991

I don't think tmobile does that.. but I will find out.. Sorry I forgot to mention this. [Razz]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.