Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Angry?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Angry?
Love to love
Activist
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love to love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if its normal to be angry with your ex. My ex was very terrible towards me, and if you have read any of my old posts, you know how horrible he was. I'm at the point where I'm just very angry with him for hurting me like he did. I'm also slightly angry with myself for making the choices I did with him. It all just hurts, I'm usually okay - I don't think about him too much but sometimes I see posts where he's in them on FB and I just get mad, I don't think thats normal. :/
Posts: 115 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since your break up is still very fresh, it is very normal to have strong feelings; especially with how badly he treated you.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DreamCatches
Neophyte
Member # 48877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DreamCatches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely think it's normal. I actually had to block my ex from my facebook and get off sites like that for awhile because it was making me feel bad/angry seeing him posting things or seeing people post things about him. Saying things like how awesome it is that he is single and that he won't have any more drama. I was very hurt because they never knew or cared to know my side of the story. And seeing his name or picture just made me feel angry at him, like he looked like he was just living the life and getting off scot-free after all the abuse.

[ 10-27-2010, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: DreamCatches ]

--------------------
Think of me, when you're out, when you're out there...

Posts: 34 | From: Georgia | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love to love
Activist
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love to love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I deleted him, I've blocked him. I'm getting close to deleting his friends because it makes me so upset everytime I see anything about him, there was pictures posted recently where he's just shirtless next to this girl who always flirted with him and I just got so pissed. I'm so hurt. I don't want to even have feelings for him anymore, it's so stupid that I do. He's not even worht my tears.. or my anger I just can't help it. I don't want to be like this, I want to be over him! Any tips? Haha.
Posts: 115 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desmadroza10
Neophyte
Member # 47916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desmadroza10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I think that what you are doing is good. Having no contact with him what so ever will help you get over him. Break ups are never easy no matter who you were with or how it was like. We just need to learn for them and use what we have learned towards our future relationships. It will take you some time to get over him, just keep yourself busy. Hang out with friends, or do something fun that you know will keep your mind off of him. [Smile]
Posts: 12 | From: In La La Land | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilstrawberry
Activist
Member # 39129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilstrawberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cutting off contact with him was definitely a good call. It's understandable to feel anger and resentment towards someone who was close to you and ended up hurting you. I have been broken up with my ex for just over a year and it took me a long time to get over that deep anger and feeling of betrayal. I think it is definitely normal, for a certain length of time, to feel that level of upset. Someone you let in and trusted abused that trust and hurt you. Personally, that just isn't something that can be brushed away easily.

Just remind yourself that you are past the point in life where you had to deal with that, and are strong enough to move on. You're worth more than your anger towards him, and you deserve to be able to live without being affected by those negative feelings. Also remember that the choices you made in the past were likely ones you thought were best at the time: we can't predict the actions of others, we can only determine our own with what we know at the time.

All you can control is you, and working to move past a bad time and envelop yourself in better ones is a good way of getting through that anger. Talking to someone close to you or even writing your thoughts down can be a good way of getting it out. Breakups can suck but with time, it does get better.

Posts: 117 | From: U.S. | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love to love
Activist
Member # 45991

Thank you to both of you.. I'm trying but every where I turn he's either brought up, or I see something on facebook.. and it just makes me mad!

I'm even more angry now because I've always had something strong between a mutual friend of ours. I've always ignored it because I was with him and thought I was in love.. but I've recently found out that this friend pretty much is interested in me but he wont do anything about it because he's friends with my ex. I could see how he's respecting his friend.. but it sucks because we both want the same things in a relationship, and were both missing out on something that might be amazing because of him.. because we're thinking about his feelings.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.