Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » it just isn't the same...what do i do..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: it just isn't the same...what do i do..
loveyoumake
Activist
Member # 41194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveyoumake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really know where to begin but I guess I'll just start somewhere..

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years. I never thought I'd be so serious about a guy after getting hurt (emotionally) in my previous 3+ year relationship, but I have become very attached in every way possible to my current boyfriend.

The thing is, I feel like we were happier when we were "just friends" before we ever started dating. Our relationship has become really jealous... and it's just hurting us in so many ways. I don't know what to do.

A lot of things that happen between us make me really sad, and my boyfriend often blames it on my hormones or period...like he did that tonight... but he is probably right since I'm getting my period tomorrow. However, I've told him that those comments hurt and they aren't true but he keeps saying them every once and a while despite what I've said to him.

All we do is argue anymore. When we're good, we're so so good... but when we're bad it is horrible.

I hate crying and being miserable. We have more important things going on in our lives such as school, work, and other aspects of our relationship and I hate that arguing and being miserable is such a constant thing lately for us. [Frown] I don't know what to do...

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Britster
Activist
Member # 48970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Britster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am certainly no expert, but I have to ask: when you argue, does he ever accept blame? Or does he usually blame you indirectly- e.g. your hormones? I think that could be a red flag.
What sorts of things cause conflict? How does the conflict usually start?

Posts: 89 | From: United States | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveyoumake
Activist
Member # 41194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveyoumake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He doesn't really blame me indirectly... but I feel like a lot of the time the stuff we argue about is my fault. We try to stay away from whos fault it is and usually I say that it wasn't his fault and he says it wasn't mine, but then I think we both feel that it was ours. We argue and fight about stupid stuff and it just gets so draining. We both want to fix things but we don't know what to do to fix it. Often times when we get in arguments we say a lot of things in the heat of the moment - so out of anger and frustration- and a lot of what is said is hurtful for both of us. I guess we need to find a better way to communicate. I just don't even know how it got to this point. We used to be so happy. [Frown]
Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desmadroza10
Neophyte
Member # 47916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desmadroza10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that you should be really honest with him and tell him that is not your hormones, that its just how you feel about the things he says. And when you do feel like there is an argument coming on, tell him that you need to walk away for a moment or you guys can talk about it when you guys are both calm that way nothing harmful will be said. But I think that being honest with him about how you feel is the first step.
Posts: 12 | From: In La La Land | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.