Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Am I Over Thinking This?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I Over Thinking This?
xxxbutterflies
Neophyte
Member # 40396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xxxbutterflies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm 15 and I haven't been in a relationship of any kind.

I went to a party and met this guy. We danced a bit and then well, we somehow ended up making out. haha. We spent the rest of the party together. I'm pretty sure neither one of us was drunk, we only had a few sips of alcohol each.

He told me he'd call me and he hasn't yet and I'm not sure I should call him since I've never really had any experience with guys...

I just wanna know if he was screwing around or being serious because I don't really know what to do now..

--------------------
Just trying to be myself haha

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smokey
Activist
Member # 39760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not really sure whether you should call him yet or not to be perfectly honest. It depends on how long it has been since the party I would think. If he said he would call and he hasn't and it's only been a day or two, don't fret too much. If it's been a week or so then maybe you have a little to worry about.

Mind you, if it's something you want to pursue, then it may be better for you to be proactive and just call him or pop him a text message. At least that way you're not left stewing over it and wondering what he's doing. I know it's easier said than done (you're talking to someone who's very good at getting anxious over making first moves!)...

All in all... I'm only 19 myself... and only got my first boyfriend at 18... I don't really think age matters in things like this. As long as you're out and having fun then you shouldn't worry if you have not been in a relationship yet at all [Smile]

Just go with the flow and take it as it comes... personally, I would just call him, or pop him a text because you don't really have anything to lose; but you certainly have a lot to gain if he's interested [Smile]

Posts: 92 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Halfy
Neophyte
Member # 40404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Halfy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he gave you a cell number text him the weekend after the party. Don't suggest anything beyond friendly things as this may come off as too strong. If it wasn't a cell phone then it is up to your whether or not to call - it all depends on how comfortable you are on the phone.

Just ask him what's up(I personally like to use the phrase "What's shakin"). Get a conversation going. Maybe he lost your number. Odds are that he's interested in you(if he was making out with you then it's almost guaranteed).

Hopefully he calls/texts you before then. Let us know what happens!

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't."

Posts: 10 | From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxxbutterflies
Neophyte
Member # 40396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xxxbutterflies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He called and stuff
we've gone on a few dates already and it seems everything's going well

(I'm just hoping that I'm not being too clingy or anything...)

We hold hands and kiss and stuff, but I'm still not sure what our status really is right now :/

How do I move from 'some girl he met at a party' to a gf/bf relationship? Or should I just be patient?

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smokey
Activist
Member # 39760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know if he is seeing anyone else besides you at the moment?
Posts: 92 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.