Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Him..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Him..
lyss93
Neophyte
Member # 39952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyss93     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His name is Devin and theres always been this thing between us. Last year he moved away and now hes back. I keep wanting him to look at me and pay attention to me. Talk to me etc..
But I have a boyfriend and weve been together for about a year and a half.
Do you think its just one of those guys thats theres always going to be that thing with? Or maybe I just want some attention? Maybe I have feelings for him that never got released before?
What do you think?

Posts: 5 | From: Powell River | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Koi
Activist
Member # 39785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Koi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes we are just simply attracted to other people, even if we are already with someone. There are so many people in the world, it would be hard to say that you only feel a connection with the person that you are with! However, committing to one person that you are attracted to, and putting time into that relationship, takes it to another level.

Why do you think that you are attracted to Devin? Perhaps there are some issues with your current boyfriend that you should talk about. You guys could be perfectly happy, but it is always good to talk. Perhaps a starter is

Supermodel: Creating & Nurturing Your Own Best Relationship Models

go through the questions. perhaps it will remind you all over again why you chose your boyfriend in the first place, and you'll end up forgetting about this other guy. Nevertheless, this will open the doors for communication, so if you don't feel like you're getting enough attention, you can explore your feelings and talk it out.

--------------------
"Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions."

Posts: 171 | From: USA/CHINA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyss93
Neophyte
Member # 39952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyss93     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok thanks.
Devin and I have always had this weird relationship, we never got together officially. Because there was something always there in the way. But you know when you both know that somethings there and youve expressed that to eachother. Is it just going to be one of those things maybe thats just going to be there

Posts: 5 | From: Powell River | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.