Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Worried what the 'rents would think..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried what the 'rents would think..
Bun Bun
Activist
Member # 37353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bun Bun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I was surfing some condoms sites to check out what other options are out there (I love experimenting XD!), and I discovered that ONE condoms is holding a design contest. Now, I love art and I love art contests. So duh, I would LOVE to enter. Too, the winner gets to donate 5000 condoms to a charity of their choice (how amazing is that!). Thing is, I'm a little worried what my parents would think if I won. Like honestly, I have no problem with being known for designing a condom package. In fact, I think condoms are fabulous. My parents happen to be a little conservative though. They do know I'm having sex, but they're not supportive of it at all.

Any advice? Should I enter and just see what happens? And IF (it's a huge if) I win, how would I bring this up with my parents? ("By the way, I've designed a condom wrapper and now am getting a years supply of condoms plus donating a bunch to a charity" doesn't seem like the best way to put it....)

(I hope this isn't too silly... It would be no problem if I weren't living at home, being fully financially supported by my parents.)

Posts: 206 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Koi
Activist
Member # 39785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Koi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds like something that you are really excited about doing. First of all, I think I would want to take things one step at a time, and first enter and see what happens. Don't need to add more stress than needed! When it comes facing your parents, just let them know you won the competition like you would about any art contest. Of course, you're going to have to discuss that it's for condoms, and this may be awkward, but ultimately, this is about doing something you say to love (maybe not condom art, but just art in general). Good luck!

--------------------
"Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions."

Posts: 171 | From: USA/CHINA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.