Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Should I tell her?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I tell her?
salem
Neophyte
Member # 38873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for salem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay I've got kind of a weird question. I've liked this certain person for quite a long time now (a couple of years), and I've never told her so. We just finished our senior year of high school and we both leave for different schools in the fall.

It's useless to try and start a relationship now with only a few months left, but I feel like I should at least tell her how I've felt all along, especially since I've always felt she may have had similar feelings.

[ 06-10-2008, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: salem ]

Posts: 2 | From: FL | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those sorts of situations can definately be tricky, for sure! Personally, I would ask myself if I'd regret not telling her about it later on. After all, you never really know what can happen in a few months, right?

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salem
Neophyte
Member # 38873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for salem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is indeed very tricky...

I'm saddened by the fact that such a confession is the only thing that I can do now, and I definitely regret not telling her sooner.

Posts: 2 | From: FL | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well hey, you know, it may not be too late still. There are a LOT of people who start relationships even though they go to different schools, and there are plenty of people who have successful long distance relationships. They're not easy, they do take a lot of work, but it happens! If you do a search in the Relationships forum on long distance relationships, you'll find tons and tons of threads on the topic.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star07
Neophyte
Member # 39127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
go for it. i had a guy tell me he'd liked me all through high school just after we graduated. I actually wish he'd been bolder about it, and just asked me out on a date even if we were going to go to two different colleges in two different states in the fall.
Posts: 10 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.