Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Does this even happen anymore? (sorry, kinda long!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does this even happen anymore? (sorry, kinda long!)
Britt_16
Neophyte
Member # 18507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Britt_16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so happy and I would just like to share my experience with everyone. =)

I have been dating the same wonderful, caring, sensitive man since 8th grade (6 years). We are now two years out of high school and we still make each other happier than any other couple we know. We have never dated anyone else... and neither one of us has never wanted to. We took things very slow... we waited well over two years, almost 3 to become sexually active with each other simply because we wanted to make sure each other was truly ready for it.

Within 6 years, we have maybe fought twice, and even then it was no big deal and made up within the same day. We do everything together. We both share a love for cars and that has really strengthened our bond. Our relationship has truly been built on trust and we really are best friends. We share our deepest thoughts and feelings and we truly do know everything at each other. We have an awesome sex life, but we are just fine with laying around the house and cuddling. We have seen each other at our lowest and highest points, and we have both learned to accept our little flaws. We don't sweat the small stuff and we never go to bed angry. Our personalities complement each other almost perfectly and we honestly do find that we finish each other's sentences. We both have a great sense of humor and we are constantly making each other laugh.

He used to get jealous because a lot of his friends found me to be attractive and just over random strangers hitting on me, but he has overcome that nicely and now he just says he has an "irrisitably beautiful" girlfriend... awww....

We still don't rush into things. We both have careers and college we are persuing, and the word "marriage" hardly ever comes up in conversation, and when it does, we talk in the fairly distant future. Pretty much everyone we know is engaged, but we aren't. We know how each other feels, and that is enough for us!

After 6 years with my best friend, I find myself happier and happier every single day. Sorry if this post was excessive or pointless, I just had to share that young people really can have true love. =)

[ 05-22-2008, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Britt_16 ]

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariahMonroe
Neophyte
Member # 38395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariahMonroe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
awwwww. i soo wish i could find what you have, maybe i have found the "guy" i dont know, i sure hope so

--------------------
what do i do??????

Posts: 28 | From: Barrie | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hollie5626
Neophyte
Member # 35451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hollie5626     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting Britt. I'm the same!! I've been with my boyfriend since I was in Grade 8, except I'm only 16 at the moment so we've been together for about 2 and a half years, and he is two years older then me. We've known each other and been friends since I was in Grade 3, mostly cause we were in the same athletics club. We both joined at the same time and so from the very beginning we always hung out together. He would always look out for me, and stand up for me when the older boys teased me [Smile] Cause we were so young I guess the age gap was more evident back then, but when I started Grade 8, so that both of us were at high school (different schools though) we started growing closer together and doing stuff together. Pretty soon we were best friends - he was always into animals and biology type stuff, which none of his mates really were and he always kind of felt a bit isolated. But he started taking me out with him as well and teaching me about it and I got interested in it too - maybe at first it was more cause I was developing a crush on him but anyway [Smile] Then just before I turned 14 we had our first kiss and decided that we should be boyfriend and girlfriend.

We probably took things a bit faster then you guys, we had sex when I was 14, but I've haven't ever thought that it was too soon or that I wasn't ready. We were already best friends and we loved each other and trusted each other and having sex just made the bond between us even stronger. And unlike you guys we do talk about marriage and our future quite a bit, although its mostly fantacising about it just for fun, not serious planning. We both know that we always want to be together and we will get married one day, but not for a long time. We decided he isn't allowed to propose to me until I'm at least 20. We're not in any hurry.

So now I'm in Grade 11 and now hes at university (doing a degree in biology), studying the kind of stuff he loves, with people who are just as passionate about it as he is, so hes really happy. I really wish I could be there with him too, but I'm still stuck in high school [Smile] Our relationship is stronger then ever though, and now we've always got so much to tell each other. It seems like for almost as long as I can remember hes been the one person I've shared everything with and who has always been there for me. The two of us rely on each other a lot, and when we're together its like we just feed off each other and just have so much fun together. We understand each other like nobody else does, its like we don't work without each other. I love him so much and hes just the most beautiful person, and I know he loves me just as much and we make each other so happy and we know that we'll always be together. Okay I probably should stop now – and you were worried about your post being excessive [Smile] But meh, thats what you get when you give me a chance to crap on about my boyfriend [Smile]

Posts: 22 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.