Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » My BEST friend!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My BEST friend!
BreakingSilence
Activist
Member # 38098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BreakingSilence     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best friend is 43 years old, i'm 20 and i love her like a mother. I was just curious if it was normal for girls to "cling" to older women especially if they've never had a good relationship w/ their own mother? She is always there for me, i look up to her & want to be just like her..Is it normal to have friends of all ages once u are out of highschool ? [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Sometimes the only thing we can do is accept what we have no control over.

Posts: 313 | From: :) | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many girls look up to their mothers as role models or sources of advise, and if they do not have that kind of role model, sometimes they look to another older female to fill that position, so to speak.

It's good that you have someone to look up to. Many people of all ages have friends out of their particular age groups-- though after high school, people interact more and more with people of all ages in the working world or wherever else, so those kinds of friendships often have more time and opportunity to grow. [Smile]

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BreakingSilence
Activist
Member # 38098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BreakingSilence     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank u.. i consider myself very lucky.. she just so happens to be my boyfriend's mother and my "future mother-in-law" (as everyone calls her) just thought i'd share that .. I'm glad I have her [Smile] I hope everyone can find someone who is there for them as i did [Smile]

--------------------
Sometimes the only thing we can do is accept what we have no control over.

Posts: 313 | From: :) | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.