Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I am confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am confused
archer
Activist
Member # 27799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for archer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there's this guy I have been talking to for quite sometime....I don't know I suddenly feel I am falling in love with him....I am very confused though. I know he likes me and loves me....and a lot of instances he has hinted that I may be the right woman for him and so on. But then I don know what to do....my parents would never ever approve of this relationship,....he's from a different caste to begin with, and i can't speak his language, he's not yet found his feet in his profession yet, not very financially sound yet, has a different lifestyle from mine.....it wud be a lot of complications if i intend to go fwd her coz it wud mean going against my parents which i wudn't be happy doing so....which is why I am holding back with the belief that i will find my guy again.....I donno if i am doing the right thing...but i believe i am being sensible and practical.
Posts: 104 | From: India | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlet
Activist
Member # 20305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starlet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've found that you can't control who you like or love, but if you feel that this person is wrong for you despite the feeling you have for them, then perhaps you need to move on. Love isn't always enough.
If you strongly value your parents' approval, then he's not the right guy. And if you're looking for somone who has the same or a a similar lifestyle to yours, then again he's not right for you.
Whether you are doing the right thing or not really all depends on what you value and what you believe is the most important.
Good luck [Smile]

--------------------
.:*starlet

Posts: 131 | From: VA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Excellent post, starlet! [Smile] )

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.