Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » End of a relationship?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: End of a relationship?
Fields
Neophyte
Member # 33999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fields     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After over half a year together me and my girl split.
We didn't split on bad terms though, the love is still there, on both ends.
its just we were getting too much of each other, the annoyances built up.
We talked about us trying again once school is over, as that was one of the major stressing factors.

School will be over for the year soon,
she's going away on holiday with her friend for a week at the end of this week.
I plan to leave her a letter for when she gets back, will a weeks time be too late?
I want to let her cool off, and think over us then get back to find my letter.

I dont know if its going to be too late though, what do you think.

[ 05-23-2007, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Fields ]

Posts: 3 | From: Earth | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katiebird
Activist
Member # 33821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katiebird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in a similiar situation with my boyfriend a few weeks ago - I think that if it was mutual that you both wanted to split, then maybe it's good to keep it like that. HOWEVER - this is the mistake I made with my boyfriend. We, like you and your girlfriend, were just seeing too much of each other, and got annoyed easily. I jumped to breaking up, when I think we needed was a little break.

So, really, I think if you two really did just need a break from each other, maybe it won't be the end of the relationship. However, if it turns out that she just feels it won't work out anymore, that's how it goes. What I did was get all my questions about the relationship out there, had them answered (so I'd stop chewing my nails over them) and am STILL trying to "let it go."

Anyway, that's just my advice considering I was in a similiar situation.

Posts: 90 | From: east | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fields
Neophyte
Member # 33999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fields     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I miss her already, its only been a night.
I'm sure we can make it work.

Posts: 3 | From: Earth | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.