Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » my ex-girlfriends friend...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my ex-girlfriends friend...
Namida
Activist
Member # 28700

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Namida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was this girl flirting with my at a disco kinda think a few weeks back, she's nice but I don't know her very well. But thats not why i'm here, she's a very close friend of a girl a whent out with for 2 months EXACTLY a year ago. After she dumped me she got really bitter and stuff. So i'm wondering 1: Is it worth trying to get with this girl, my ex's frind and 2: If I do go for it, how do I do it?

--------------------
And still the beds are burning, burning in our sleep.
Take me away from everything I see.

Posts: 66 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghostie
Activist
Member # 28874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghostie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your ex was in the past, and things about past relationships are that both people should move on, even if it is difficult in some situations.
That is just what you are doing [Smile] Do you worry it will hurt your ex's feelings? Does this new girl know that you and your ex were an item?
It can't hurt to get to know this girl at least, and make it clear that you and her friend went out, and see how she feels about that. And maybe even, depending on what terms you and your ex are, see how she feels about that too.
Have both of you been in other relationships since? If so, it may make it clearer that you have both move on you see.

Posts: 165 | From: England. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
allyice11
Neophyte
Member # 33170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for allyice11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get to know her a little more, maybe try being friends first. And see if see is the type of girl you would be happy pursuing.
Best of luck [Smile]

--------------------
- a

Posts: 8 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Namida
Activist
Member # 28700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Namida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My ex hates me, she refused to go to her friends 18th cos i was comming, she storms off if i come too close (and now she's been sitting with my friends at school bcause of a fight between 2 of her other friends, making things much harder). I've had a girlfriend since, but my ex hasn't been with anyone i think, i was her first real boyfriend (and if u've read my posts from last year u'd kno y). The girl knows bout us, everybody does.
What i'm worried about is like, makin my ex uncomfortable, or damaging the two girls friendship.
I know the girl ok, we had some classes together 2 years ago, but none since. I've managed to talk to her a couple of times since the disco, once in the library and a couple of times between classes, the trouble is she's almost always with my ex, and if i go near my ex storms off and the girl follows

--------------------
And still the beds are burning, burning in our sleep.
Take me away from everything I see.

Posts: 66 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.