Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » crazy mother

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: crazy mother
melissa1506
Activist
Member # 30972

Icon 2 posted      Profile for melissa1506     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mom is too over protective my whole life, and ever since im little every night she wakes up out of a dead sleep, and starts an argument with my dad and then runs up and down the stairs and will start screaming and yelling at each one of us for something she dont like, but shell wake up out of a sleep to do this, she is insane i think, and i really cant take any more of it, is this some kind of disorder that this only happens at night that she wakes up with rage like this
Posts: 88 | From: ny | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you talked to you mom about your concerns? Is she receiving any counseling for this?

(We try to avoid labeling those w/ mental illness/disorders 'crazy'. Thanks.)

[ 04-01-2007, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: LilBlueSmurf ]

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ae555
Neophyte
Member # 33356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ae555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow yea you might want to see a councsulerand talk to them about your mom..and ignore the smart-*** response above me sounds pretty crazy to me! =]
Posts: 14 | From: southeast | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(It is NOT okay to belittle the response of staff or volunteers. If you disagree with something you see, it's better to send an email to boards@scarleteen.com instead of hijack someone's thread and be mean about it.

You might want to review the Guidelines before continuing to post, as well as a section we have board etiquette which can help you better learn what our policies and general tone is. Thanks!)

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ae555, in no way was LilBlueSmurf being a "smart-***". She is reminding melissa of the inclusive environment we attempt to maintain at Scarleteen. Language that discriminates against or puts down a group of people is not acceptable here, including discriminating against those with mental illness by calling them "crazy". I suggest you adjust your attitude.

[Edit: Miss Lauren beat me to it.]

[ 04-07-2007, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Leabug ]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.