Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Should I tell him...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I tell him...
amy612
Neophyte
Member # 33120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amy612     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I'm new here. This would be my first time posting here in any kind of site like this, and it's a little daunting for me, but here goes...

Ok so here's my problem, about two years ago (march 2005) I met this guy through a group of friends. There was one week at school where every student had the same lunch, normally we're separated into two different lunches. So one day I went to sit with my friends that I usually hang out with at lunch. That day went by as normal, but I also noticed that there was this guy sitting near us who I had never seen before and he was all alone. I felt kind of bad, but I didn't say anything and I didn't really pay much attention to him again. Then the next day my friend comes up to me and says, "Remember that guy that was sitting near us yesterday at lunch? Well he likes you, a lot. He thinks your beautiful. And I invited him to hang out with us today". I was a junior in high school then, and honestly I have never been in a real relationship. So of course when I heard this, I was very surprised and I got a little scared. I had never had a guy like me that much before, even if he did tell my friend first. I just didn't know what to do. It came out of nowhere, and I didn't know how to react or what to say. Just so you know, I'm incredibly shy, especially when it comes to guys that I have a crush on, or who have a crush on me. Also at the time, I had a crush on this other guy who ended up being kind of a jerk. But anyways, one day he finally tried speaking to me. And the one time he tried speaking to me I ended up sounding really mean. I didn't want to say something stupid so I didn't say anything at all. This always happens with guys I like, I always end up blaming myself for not being able to communicate with guys I l have a crush on because they think I don't like them when I don't speak to them. So I lost communication with him because after those few days he ended up going back to his normal lunch hour which was different then mine, but in the end I did really like him, I just never got a chance to let him know. The school year ended then exactly one year later (during my senior year, feb 2006) I started seeing him all over school a lot, and all my feelings for him just came rushing back. But still I didn't know what to do. He would look at me sometimes, and as much as I wanted to, I never had the guts to look him straight in the eyes or just smile or something. I just wasn't sure if he still liked me or hated or what. I also noticed he was hanging around this other girl a lot, so I was kind of dissapointed. Then around the last week of school they started going out. I was crushed, and as silly as it sounds I cried so much and I couldn't function for days. Just seeing them together in the halls holding hands was impossible for me to handle, thank goodness there were only a few days left of school. Well, I graduated that year (2006) from high school, and I've been trying to get over him but I just can't, it's really hard. I started going to my local community college last year in August, and I was slowly forgetting about him and I was doing OK. It wasn't until recently that I started thinking about him again for no reason and my feelings just came rushing back to me again. And just the other day, I found his myspace. So now I actually do have the opportunity to get in contact with him. I really want to tell him that I liked him then (and I probably still do) and also that I'm sorry if I came off sounding rude. I just can't go on wondering if he hates me or something. But I also don't want to seem desperate or childish, because it was a long time ago, myspace is my only way of talking to him (he's a senior in high school this year). I'm also not sure if he still has a girlfriend or not. I just don't know if it's even that important to him anymore or if he even cares. So what can I do? Telling him would be a HUGE deal for me. I've never told any guy that I've liked him before. Just asking for advice here was pretty big for me, but I really need someone's help. Would randomly getting in contact with him scare him off, I just don't know the way a guy would react to something like this! I mean I never actually got the chance to have a conversation with the guy. PleI'm terrified of getting something back from him that I don't want to read. I've never been able to deal with rejection very well. Please help!

Posts: 1 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Selkie
Activist
Member # 33078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Selkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just come out and tell him! It can't hurt, and from what you are saying it would make you feel much better! For all you know, he still has feelings for you, and he simply buried them when you messed up. Give it a shot, it can't hurt, and from the sounds of it, it will definatly help.

--------------------
"Fear is the mind-killer"
-Don't be afraid.

Posts: 117 | From: I'd prefer to keep it private | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ciara
Neophyte
Member # 33032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ciara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you should let him know that you remember him, and remember that he thought you were beautiful, and appologize for being so rude to him. I don't think you should go right out and say you liked him too, or maybe still do. That's something I would do and have done and that has tended to scare a couple off. Try to start a friendship with him and go from there. See if you really do still like him, or if you are just wondering "what if".
And as always, go with your gut.

--------------------
Loving Life, Riding the road. Mitakuye Oyasin!

Posts: 15 | From: Rome Ga | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.