Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Instead of I love you...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Instead of I love you...
littleduckling
Activist
Member # 22480

Icon 3 posted      Profile for littleduckling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What can one say instead of "I love you"? Those are important words that we have both acknowledged we feel, but don't want to continue to say all the time. They lose their specialness and meaning when constantly repeated.

So, I was wondering if you had any "I care about you" kind of alternatives....

Posts: 50 | From: us | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghostie
Activist
Member # 28874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghostie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my partner have decided that we probably don't love each other, but can express how much we care still by saying "I adore you" and personally use the old "I <3 you" silly thing [Razz]
Of course if you really care about someone, actions can mean a lot more than words [Smile]

Posts: 165 | From: England. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best friend and i rarely tell each other 'i love you' but we do have our own silly little thing *love love* to indicate it which we say last thing at night or whatever. Of course noisypinkbubbles is right. Actions speak far louder than words and i don't need him to tell me he loves me to know it.
Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooh... I tend to go in for the long-winded, romantic versions. [Big Grin]
I was in darkness,
but you, you made my life worth living;
you poured in light, and love.
Now, I am glad to wake up in the morning,
so that I can think of you,
and glad to go to bed,
where you fill my dreams.

--------------------
“In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I don’t know what I am. I don’t know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakgirl
Neophyte
Member # 31598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jakgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not look up words with similar meanings in other languages? My partner and I particularly enjoy "hygge," a Danish word which means feeling like when you're curled up under a fuzzy blanket with cocoa, a fireplace, a purring cat, and not a care in the world.
Posts: 10 | From: West Coast | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.