Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Less than Honest

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Less than Honest
thejoesboy
Neophyte
Member # 32051

Icon 11 posted      Profile for thejoesboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just escaped from a 6 month relationship that I thought wasgoing well. She was my third girlfriend, and was so far the longest lasting. We were both virgins and had not been sexualy active together. Or so I thought. She had sex with one of my friends and at least three other guys while we were going out, and who knows how many before.

This brings me to 2 points. The first is that she told me under no pressure that she was a virgin and the second is she slept around.
How can I prevent this?

--------------------
Ya Basta! Enough is Enough! - ezln

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to save the world.
-Nelson Mandela

Posts: 23 | From: Buffalo,NY | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly? There's not a lot you can do to prevent someone lying to you or cheating on you. Some people are just not honest to their partners, or other people, and it's not at all fair TO those other people, but unfortunately that's life.

There are a whole lot of people who ARE honest and trustworthy, though, even if you've had a bad experience with one girlfriend.

The best way to protect yourself, especially when sex is part of the euqation? Be insistant and consistant on using protection (condoms) and that you and your partner both have STI screenings to make sure you're not putting yourselves at risk for STI transmission.

[ 01-01-2007, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: dailicious ]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thejoesboy
Neophyte
Member # 32051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thejoesboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I wasn't thorough enough or maybe there really isn't an answer. I just want to be someone that people, whether in a relationship or just friends, can trust. Maybe its because I spent all of the time on the phone just listening to her voice, and watched her instead of the movies.

--------------------

-Nelson Mandela

Posts: 23 | From: Buffalo,NY | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snarky
Neophyte
Member # 31948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snarky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, dude, I'm sorry. That really sucks. It's not your fault. It sounds like you were being a wonderful boyfriend and she took that for granted. There are good people out there, you just unfortunately went out with a liar. I agree with dalicious, you can't prevent people from lying to you, but you can prevent STI transmission.

Better luck next time :hugs:

Posts: 39 | From: los angeles | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thejoesboy
Neophyte
Member # 32051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thejoesboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason, Snark, you were like really motivational. Thanx ya much.

--------------------

-Nelson Mandela

snarky
Neophyte
Member # 31948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snarky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem [Wink]
Posts: 39 | From: los angeles | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not hearing, just to be sure it's clear, that this is about YOU not being trustworthy: this is about someone else not being trustworthy.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67131 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thejoesboy
Neophyte
Member # 32051

Its really about both. I haven't had much time to think about it all ever since. I'm thinking about appologising about overreacting afterwards, not even considerin g getting back together though...

--------------------

-Nelson Mandela

thejoesboy
Neophyte
Member # 32051

Not that I want to get back together with her, but I just sent her an appology, I guess I felt bad about the way I handled it. The main reason I flipped so bad when I found out was that we started off so strongly. Most of the Highschool relationships around me could hardly be described as romantic, and the romanticism was reciprocated, so I don't think it was like a stifling relationship for her, either.

--------------------

-Nelson Mandela

missy07
Neophyte
Member # 32064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missy07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There r plenty of other ppl out there that u could trust it just takes time to find the right one.

I'm really sry she cheated on u. I've been cheated on before to I know how u feel.

Posts: 15 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.