Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » crushes at work

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: crushes at work
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I've been with my boyfriend for about 3 1/2 years, including a year we were broken up. I'm really losing interest in him, hes not the guy i want to be with. We live together, have an apartment and the lease is in both of our names. I've really been wanting to ditch him. But I'm so torn, I dont know if it's the right thing or even what I REALLY want to do.But I just dont like him anymore.

I met this guy almost 5 years ago in highschool. He was shy, not the kind I normally go for. But I always thought he was a sweet heart and pretty cute. Now, 5 years later we work together at a grocery store and I'm starting to crush on him. I feel soooo bad for it but I cant help it, or can I? Should I transfer to work at a different location? because maybe he is the reason I'm not liking my own boyfriend anymore. This guy is just oh my goodness, he is so nice to me and respects me. We are both professionals where we work, both trying for management. And the way he looks at me is almost like hes thinking the same thing I am. I'm really mad over this situation. But see...somethings come around again for a reason. And I am feeling tempted. So to get over this temptation, I should go for it or move out of it.

Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you feel as though you do not love your boyfriend anymore, then it would be unfair to both him and you to stay in a relationship where you are unhappy. This other boy certainly isn;t helping you to sort out your feelings about your boyfriend, but did this gradual lost in interest in your boyfriend start occuring when you started working with this new boy?

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, Olive. [Smile]

I think transfering would be a good idea. Doing so will give you some space to work out your feelings about your current relationship without the temptation of a potential new relationship right THERE. And, should you decide your current relationship is at its end, working at a new location will save you from the complications of dating a coworker.

First things first though, you have to decide how you feel about your current partner. And you certainly have to end your monogamous relationship with him before getting invested in a potential new relationship -- it's only fair.

So, I think your instincts are pretty on here. I hope everything works out well.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.