Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » guy troubles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: guy troubles
Curious11
Neophyte
Member # 20655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curious11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, i broke up with my boyfriend of a year and a half 4 months ago because i didnt feel like we were on the right track and i felt that he needed to do more with his life. We remained really close friends and now i see that he has changed and made an effort and has a different outlook on everything. The thing is i want him back. I do miss him and i think i would like to go back out with him. My problem is he said i hurt him so much when we broke up so how should i approach him with the thoughts i've been having? Thanks for your help.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jhawked451
Neophyte
Member # 29149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jhawked451     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a guy, I have been on the recieving end of this. It really depends on how he fealt about you when you broke up. If he felt like he still liked or loved you, he may be slightly hesitant to take you back, but he would consider it. Did he say he felt the same way as you did about not being on the right track? If he did, there is less of a chance that he will take you back. But approach him about it, and slowly advance the conversation to the topic. be gentle about it as if he is still hurt, he may try to shy away from the topic, or ignore it completely.

[ 06-28-2006, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: jhawked451 ]

--------------------
Apollo: No I wll never fail you through to the end your guardian standing by your side or worlds away. - From The Eumenides

Posts: 10 | From: Pleasanton CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just start by calling him and asking him how he is. What he did after the broke up. Tell him that you want news from him.

Maybe you two could go out. Just see how he feels about you. Is he over the break-up, do he still love you.

Eventually, you can talk to him about you missing him and getting back together with him.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fibonacci
Neophyte
Member # 29504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fibonacci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given that the two of you are really close friends, you probably have some idea of where his feelings are on this issue. Do you think he's emotionally ready to invest in a romantic relationship? Do you get any feeling that he's still romantically interested in you?

I'd also suggest you make sure that you're firmly committed to the idea of going out with him again before you do anything. If you are, that's great -- I'd just hate to see you put yourself in a situation where you have to abandon the relationship again because you weren't ready for it, or because things haven't changed as much as you thought. That wouldn't be constructive for either you or your friend.

If you think that raising the subject in person might get a bit weird, you could always write him a short note to tell him how you feel. It's a low-pressure way of getting your feelings out on the table, and it would give him a bit of time to process and react to those feelings without the urgency of having to respond immediately.

Posts: 3 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.