Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Looking for someone to talk to guy or girl.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for someone to talk to guy or girl.
McVeigsh
Neophyte
Member # 28184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for McVeigsh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey , my name is jake and im 17 ive been going out with my girlfriend for almost 2 years now and we've had our share of fights, some serious some stupid. ( how you pronounce and say "Sandwich" ) but anyway she has lots of guy friends as well i have lots of girl and most of them i dont know and when i get jealous or protective she dosent see why. Mind you she knows all of my friends that are female. Just looking for some feedback.
Got something urgent my AIM screen name is [sorry, according to the guidelines you agreed to when signing up, you can't post your screename, email, or any similar contact info--faifai]

[ 03-30-2006, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: faifai ]

--------------------
Just because you can't see me dosen't mean I can't hear you.

Posts: 6 | From: MA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lindz
Neophyte
Member # 27651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lindz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've been in that sort of situation. When I was with this guy, if I talked to my guy friends or mentions them in a story I was telling him, he'd get a bit jealous. And yes, I did understand this a bit, but I kept telling him he had nothing to worry about. I guess to some people, if they don't see there is a threat to the other person, they may not be able to see that the other person doesn't see the zero threat. The best thing to do it to comunicate with her what you think and feel. Not everyone gets jelous about the same things and jsut because she's not jealous because of yo uadn your girl firends, doesn't mean you can't be with her guy friends. hope this helps a bit...
Posts: 30 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
archer
Activist
Member # 27799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for archer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's normal for you to feel that way...Guys normally are a little more possessive and protective about their girls. What you can do here is to talk to her. Tell her how much you love her and tell her that you feel a little jealous and insecure when her guy friends are around. If she says you have nothing to fear, then you shoudn't push it further and must trust her. After all you must give her space too. Just like you see your girl friends she meets her guy friends....

--------------------
archer

Posts: 104 | From: India | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McVeigsh
Neophyte
Member # 28184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for McVeigsh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, ive probably just seen to many movies.

--------------------
Just because you can't see me dosen't mean I can't hear you.

Posts: 6 | From: MA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Archer, that's not true. Guys are NOT more possessive or protective. Girls have plenty of stock in being possessive and jealous, but they have different approaches to it.

but the fact of the matter is, relationship require a whole lot of trust. Now, I odn't mean *blind* trust, that's just naive. Instead, two people need to cultivate trust. You do that through honesty, openness and communication.

Personally, I think there's something amiss if I don't have a good idea of who my boyfriend's friends are. I get the sense that either he's hiding me from them, or he's hiding them from me. In either case, there should be no hiding. The solution is to ask to be included in activities. If she's going to hang out with the guys, why can't you go along and join them? And vice versa, why not invite her along if oyu're having out with the gals?

btw, sandwich is pronounced "sammich."

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.