Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » general "does girl like me" questions...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: general "does girl like me" questions...
thepunisher688
Neophyte
Member # 19182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thepunisher688     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand that you've heard it all before, so really, I am just getting this off my chest. So there is this girl that I like (I am a 16 year old male), and she is the most gorgeous girl on the planet. However, I am doubting her attraction to me. I am of the heavyset persuasion, and I have SERIOUS insecurities about my body image, (mind you my self esteem is quite high). I, being a Junior in high school and her, being a freshman in high school, do know each other and enjoy each other's company (to my knowledge, anyway). We are considered either 1. Friends or 2. well acquainted acquaintences. However, with her other male friends she is on a 'hug-when-i-see-you' basis, thus, not with me. I dont know what that is supposed to mean, maybe shes doesnt know me well enough, maybe she doesnt want to hug me, I dont know. Anyhow, I did attempt to make the first move towards dating; she was explaining to me that her swimming practices were concluding shortly and I suggested that we "hang out some time"... the response I received was a mere 'eh', then she ran up to one of her guy friends as if in utter disgust of my attempt to become closer to her. However, just today, we spoke during a class we have together and she spoke with the same peppiness and spirit as she always does with me, as if the aforementioned scenario had never occured. As I said before, I dont really expect a reply simply due to the fact that this isnt really a question, merely a journal entry for the internet in its entirety to see. Do whatever with this post as you see fit. If anyone wants to chime in on this particular circumstance, please, by all means do so. I would love some feedback. Anyway... thanks for your patience in reading this. (You being the reader, of course)

[ 03-18-2006, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: thepunisher688 ]

--------------------
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Posts: 15 | From: the Great Northwest | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heyHEARTBEAT
Neophyte
Member # 27907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heyHEARTBEAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm. Well personally, I think us girls are confusion. And I hate to put us down and sound shallow, but sometimes, we go for the best guy at the time.
Other times, we're just very wishy washy. I think you should keep trying to talk with her and make plans. But not over-extensively, you know? Almost kind of, play hard to get as well?
Also, you can always talk to her on AIM, which is usually easier than in person, and helps you get to know a person a lot better.

Posts: 3 | From: Mass. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heyHEARTBEAT, i have to say, i disagree. Strongly. You are WAY overgeneralizing women. No two women are the same. Please do not genearlize.

thepunisher688, I think you need to talk to your girlfriend. It is possible that your insecurities about your body image are what is making you think she is not interested in you, or making your hypersensitive to the possibility.

Do you hug your girlfriend when you see her? You cannot always expect the other person to make the first move. If you want to hug her, hug her. If she responds as if she doesn't want a hug, ask her why.

Basically, you need to talk to her. That is the best advice i can give you. Ask her. She's the only one that has the answers you're looking for.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.