Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » New Relationship

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Relationship
Blondie09
Neophyte
Member # 24930

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Blondie09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I started my first realtionship about 3 weeks ago and its been going really good. We've made out and had sexual contact but some of my friends are pressuring me and telling me I'm going TOO FAST!!! The only problem is I feel perfectly ok w/ the speed but its just like everyone around me and my boyfriend are telling us what a relationship should be like. (It's his first relationship too) but we are responsible teens!! What SHOULD WE DO????
Posts: 6 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(I'm a little bit confused per the first bit, given this post -- http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum27/HTML/011012.html -- but that's largely academic.)

Thre weeks is pretty quick to get sexually involved per what works for a lot of teenagers. Chances are, your friends hearts are in the right place, even if they're being bossy about it.

Have the two of you had the time to really talk about the emotional and physical risks of sex? To negotiate and utilize safer sex practices? To talk about how you'd handle a bad consequence? To foster some decent communication?

If you HAVE been able to really do all of that, and you both feel okay with everything else, then perhaps you need to tell your pals that for you, right now, this is right, but that you appreciate their concern.

If you have NOT, then maybe it's worth at least some pause to hear what they have to say, and evaluate things accordingly.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.