Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Um... Privacy Please!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Um... Privacy Please!
BonnieWright13
Activist
Member # 24085

Icon 4 posted      Profile for BonnieWright13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I went to a retreat one day, my mom decided to snoop and went through the files on my account on the computer. She found my computer journal I've been keeping since I broke my ankel and my real journal is under my bed where I can't get it. Anyways, she went snooping and found all this stuff on me being a bisexual and stuff where I wrote about thongs and stuff. She found some onther files where I had downloaded some movies and stuff too. I'm having trouble with all of this, mostly she thinks I'm to young to know who or what genger I like, how I can know If I havn't had sex (I showed her your page that says you don't have to had sex to know because it's about attractions not sex all the time), she dosn't believe in bisexuals and thinks you like guys or girls and that's it, but it's not true! I like both. She thinks I'm just... weird. I wasn't ready for my parents to know, that's why I kept it a secret for so long (a year or so). She didn't read everything and now she dosn't understand it all. I'm not good at talking openly, It's why I write or type in this case. She erased my files and all. I want my old life back before I becaume a internally sex obsessed teen. I didn't see this comming. Now I'm scared. I'm not like dressing weirdly and having sex, I'm just always thinking about sex and wanting to masturbate. How can I explain this to them, my parents I mean. I can't help the way I feel. My mom wants to know how I know terms like "get his rocks off" and stuff I typed. I just need some advice. And I agree the computer wasnt the best place for it, but I have a broken ankel and needed to get my feelings out. Shes the one who went snooping. And she thinks it is ALL my fault.

Um... A little side question. In this process she found out I stole her vibrator. When I can walk again and clean it and sterilize it and put it back, do you think it's a good chance to ask for one of my own? I was thinking of attaching a note to it asking for one and telling her I'll give her the money if she orders me one. Is that a good idea or a good way to approach it. I can't just ask without choaking myself up, so... some advice there to.

So so so so sorry if my note was a little long.

Posts: 70 | From: Covington,Kentucky,USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is an excellent oppurtunity for you to talk with your mother openly about these things. It is very important that you avoid accusing her of invading your privacy at this point, since it's happened, and there's nothing you can do about it now. Honesty is going to be the best bet, seeing as she's read all your personal thoughts.

For the vibrator, those are very personal things. You can ask your mother to buy you one, sure, but what she says isn't guaranteed in anyway. On the flip side, you violated her trust and her privacy when you "stole" it, as it's a very personal thing. Hygenically, it's also a bad idea to share toys unless they're boiled and sanitized after each use.

In the future, if you don't want her going through your computer files, password protect your information.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.