Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Is it worth it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it worth it?
Member # 25876

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Esmeraldah17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today, I got early from school and me and my best friend were in the student parking lot waiting for her ride. I decided to call my boyfriend since it was close to 2Pm ( he had to go to work by that time) and just have a talk before he went to work. we talk and everything is going fine and then he says that he was very upset since his cousin was suppose to do a favor for him and ended up bailing out. So, he was running late to work because of that. Well, my friend started laughing and talking to me saying " look at that car!" and I took a look and saw that the cardoor was shut and was carrying a Mcdonalds bag. ( you had to see it to have a laugh). So, I giggled and my boyfriend hung up. I felt that something was wrong.It hit me. I put my phone on my pocket and since it was on silent I dint know that about a minute later I missed his call so called him back. He told me " you better not be going anywhere because knowing you....." and said " I am not. I am just going straight home." NExt thing you know he hangs up again! I knew we were going to argue about something..AGAIN, so I put my phone in my pocket and just waited to get home. I get home and I again noticed I missed his call, I call him and he starts saying " So now you call me that your friend left. What kind of ------ is that etc." He started cursing and I am very sensitive that kind of stuff. The next thing you know...yeah...he hangs up. He calls back and starts going off on me. Cursing, yelling and telling me that I have no reason to call him if I was just going to be ignoring him. The point is, I started to cry heavily. I dont like being treated wrong and I cry easily in that circumstace.
This hasent been the first time he has yelled, cursed at me, mad me feel bad and made me's just that when we have our good times I feel so happy and like I have met my other half...but when we get into rough times like these....they are the worst. What should I do??? and what's wrong with him? and how could I help him with his attitude?

Posts: 16 | From: vista CA , USA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 17368

Icon 11 posted      Profile for SOMEBODY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it is very wrong of him to talk to you in that way. Im sure you are a nice girl and dont deserve to be talked to in that way. Its really your decision on staying with him. If you truly love him, try to work things out. Tell him that you dont like the way he treats you at times, and that you would like him to change that. See how that goes and if not, then maybe hes not for you. No one deserves to get treated like crap like that. Im sure that if you acted that way with him, he wouldnt like it at all. Dont let him talk to you all stupid either because if he sees that you dont say anything back and just let it slide, hes going to continue to talk to you like that. Tell him off,,,let ur voice be heard! Hope I helped girl, I wish you the best on trying to work out your relationship.
Posts: 129 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

He's causing you some pretty bad emotional turmoil over something trivial. You said this isn't the first time. It's raising red flags for me. I'd call that emotional abuse.

What should you do? Not tolerate it. What's wrong with him? It's only speculation, but it could be his insecurities. How can you help him? Darlin, help yourself. No one deserves to be talked to like that. His being possessive, making you's not okay, period.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.