Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » does he really wanna be with me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: does he really wanna be with me?
jessaluvsshane6834
Neophyte
Member # 27372

Icon 9 posted      Profile for jessaluvsshane6834     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 16 yrs. old and i dated a guy named shane for 5 yrs. now he is 20. Everything was great the first 3 yrs and then we started to fall apart. I love him so much and we have been broke up for 10 months now and we still talk and we r still sexually involved with one another. He says he doesnt have time for a relationship with me b/c of work but he says he wants us to have something in the future and he loves me and cares about me. Sometimes when I bring the whole "US" deal up he says i dont wanna talk about it and he avoids it and he says it hurts him.And if he finds out I am talkin to another guy he gets really mad and wont talk to me. Do u think he really wants to be with me. What should I do?
Posts: 1 | From: bean station, tennessee, usa | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you want a relationship, but he doesn't. that's what it is. but you are giving him the essential elements of a relationship while he's not committing to give you the support you want in a partner. boy are YOU getting the short end of the stick.

i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he still does feel *something* for you. it's hard not to feel something for a person you spend a lot of time with and have a lot of happy history with. but at this point, it's HISTORY and you're not getting him back.

so let him go and move on. no more sex. you can be friends, but honestly, YOU are not going to be happy just being friends.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naive18
Neophyte
Member # 27358

Icon 10 posted      Profile for naive18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow you sound a lot like me. I'm 18 now and I went through somethin like that. Me and this guy dated for three years and he was older than me. After dating that long he decided that we should be "just friends" because he was busy with college, work etc... We kept having sex and talking we just wern't a "couple" It made me mad that we were doing all the "couple" things but he wouldn't call us that. He kept telling me that he loved me and as soon as he got his life together he would make a commitment to me. Anyway I told you all that to say in the end I was just being used. It was all good for him with no strings attached. He got what he wanted from me and then decided to leave me. I'm not sayin your guy is like that but be careful. I thought my guy was a good guy but because I was a lot younger than him and a little naive he took advantage of that. If he says your not in a relationship than don't do the relationship things like having sex. I did and I wound up pregnant with no boyfriend because we weren't in a relationship and there was no commitment.
Posts: 8 | From: Milton, Florida, United States | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.