Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » friend with benefit...i need advice!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: friend with benefit...i need advice!!!
krissyo
Neophyte
Member # 27268

Icon 10 posted      Profile for krissyo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have this kid that i see usually everyweekend. and i really like him. we do stuff together like friends with benefits but we never talk other then that like on the phone or online. i really want to be more then just friends with benefits!! is there any advice you can give me ? like what should i say the next time i see him is probably going to be this weekend so what should i say?
Posts: 9 | From: north olmsted,ohio,united states | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watermongoose15
Activist
Member # 23441

Icon 10 posted      Profile for watermongoose15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
more specific question... ur being 2 vague

but i would say try talking to him more apart from that, thats about the only answer i can give

Posts: 60 | From: Bonita, California, United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheislovely
Neophyte
Member # 27171

Icon 10 posted      Profile for sheislovely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to become more than just friends with benefits, then you have to stop these "benefits"!. You must try to build a relationship built on friendship first and see what happens from there, take an interest in your friend and talk about your hobbies, your common ground. Try to talk online and on the phone, meet up, go for a bite to eat...the cinema...

If you're friend is not interested in anything than these "benefits", then I'm sorry but you are simply being used. This friend does not respect you if that is all they want you for, if they are not interested in anything other than what you already have, you should move on.

Posts: 15 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 10 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by krissyo:
i really want to be more then just friends with benefits!!

I think you should tell him that. Next time you two talk online or on the phone, I think you should address the issue. Talk to him about it. Good chance he might want the same, or on the other hand, you still have his friendship. If he is unhappy with how you feel about the relationship you have now, you don't need that anyway. No one deserves to be used.

If the point you are at with him right now is not what you want, don't let it happen. You dont HAVE to be FWB with him. Simply tell him you like him, but you are looking for something more. Ask him if he would like to take another step, the worst he could say is "no". In that event, you will find someone who likes you for who you are, not what you can provide. (Someone who actually respects you as a human being not a sex toy)

Hope what I have said has helped. Good luck with this!

[This message has been edited by oOo Lea oOo (edited 01-30-2006).]

Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.