Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » long distance r/ships

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: long distance r/ships
sexyheffa
Activist
Member # 22649

Icon 10 posted      Profile for sexyheffa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted last summer about going into a long distance r/ship as me and my boyfriend were going to uni.Indeed we tried and we are still succeeding, he lives 200miles away so I have to have a 3hour train journey to see him, we see each other every 2 or 3 weeks for 3nights at a time, the first time being apart was the hardest as we waited a month so we could settle at uni. I can say im happy as i can be, I love spending time with him even more now! some points are veeeeery hard and tearful but it makes the time we spend together so much more precious I know its only been 4months but I do strongly belive absence makes the heart grow fonder!
long distant r/ship can defo work aslong as u both are prepared to be apart for long periods, if u both want it then go for it!
I know this post is random but I just thought I would share my happiness

Posts: 41 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexyheffa
Activist
Member # 22649

Icon 10 posted      Profile for sexyheffa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and we have been together 13months in total
Posts: 41 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nina_brown04
Activist
Member # 17973

Icon 10 posted      Profile for nina_brown04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in a similar situation. I have been with my boyfriend almost six months and we are three hours apart. Sometimes it is hard but i don't buy into that idea that people have about long distance relationships not working. It is hard but if the love is real then its worth it. Good luck on ur relationship I hope everything works out for you.
Posts: 217 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peaches44
Activist
Member # 27099

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Peaches44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this qualifies as a long disctance relationship but for me it was. My boyfriend and I met when I was still in high school and he had just graduated high school. I lived with my parents in the small town where we both grew up. He had moved out on his own and was living with roomates in the city that was 45 minutes drive away. We dated for a year and a half before I finished high school.

It was phenominal how easily it worked for us though. We saw each other EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND for a year and a half. We did not miss one weekend. Neither of us had a car so we took the greyhound bus. We took turns spending the weekend at each others houses. When I think of how much money I spent on Greyhound tickets I can't believe it.

I still remember counting down the days until I finished high school and I could move in with him.

I think it's important to always realize that (most of the time) it's only temporary. You will be able to be together as much as you want eventually. You just have to be strong and stick it out for a while.

Posts: 50 | From: Alberta Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mishish
Neophyte
Member # 25832

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mishish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm wow the same thing goes for me
me and my bf live EIGHT FLIPPIN' HOURS AWAY
but still we don't let the distance get between us
he believes im his soulmate and i believe he's mine
what more do i need
in a matter of years, we'll be together forever
i can sacrifice all these years for true love that most people spend their entire lives searching for

Posts: 6 | From: m1sh1sh@aim.com | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Mishish please remove your email from your location. We do not allow users to post their email addresses here; for your own protection. Thanks.)
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watermongoose15
Activist
Member # 23441

Icon 10 posted      Profile for watermongoose15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow im glad long distance relationships are working for some people i my self am preparing for one to happen when my girlfriend leaves for college this gives me hope to hear of people who have had long distance work out for them ^_^
Posts: 60 | From: Bonita, California, United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristin_0608
Activist
Member # 26863

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Kristin_0608     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm currently in a long distance relationship He's a good 26 hour drive away. he went to work for a few months but will be back in may I can't wait till he comes back . I'm going to visit him in a few weeks. But we've been making it work for awhile now. And we're happy!

[This message has been edited by Kristin_0608 (edited 01-30-2006).]

Posts: 49 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.