Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » get over it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: get over it?
kristy89
Neophyte
Member # 24692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kristy89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok.. so i started my grade 11 year at this new school this year ... and i ended up meeting this guy within the first month.. and he just made me laugh .. and he was sweet... we ended up dating for 3 months ( i know that might not seem like a long time.. but it was my first long term thing)

so anyways .. we broke up 2 days ago because he wrote to this one gurl on msn "hey sexy if my g/f isnt at the x-mas party ill be able to flirt with you.. haha just kidding" .. and he wrote in a girls yearbook "hey sexy.. you fox you... too bad we were more then friends last year" ...

i was just so hurt and mad!! .. like he said he loved me.. but he can write all that... so anyways ..ive had a lot of people tell me that he is crazy about me and that i should give him another chance.. and ive had some ppl tell me im better without him.. but something inside of me misses him like crazy.. but im not sure if it could be the same ... like hes cried because of this! .. and hes been like doing everything to try and get me back..
should i just get over it?.. and give him a second chance? ... or ... not?

Posts: 19 | From: orillia,ontario,canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cry at the opening of nearly every children's movie because the soundtrack is orchestrated to pull my heartstrings. That doesn't mean that has any big emotional relevance for me.

Three months is a short period of time. Maybe this guy felt love for you, maybe he didn't; maybe he was just feeling those words out because he's learning what they mean to him. Who knows. But love doesn't necessarily create feelings of exclusivity. People are usually still attracted to other people, even when they have romantic love for someone else.

Not knowing the history of this relationship, we can't say much about if you should pursue it again or not. But if you need extreme faithfulness in word as well as in action, it's pretty clear you're not going to get it (though did you two have an agreement? If not, he may have had no idea what your boundaries were, and that's not really his fault ). If what he said was offensive to you and he can't respect that or can't live with those boundaries, then no, this likely isn't a good partner for you.

Posts: 68006 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.