Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » masturbation question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: masturbation question
openeyesandmind
Neophyte
Member # 18934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for openeyesandmind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend kind of uncomfortably told me that he "masturbates without his hands." He said, in fact, "I'm the one in ten guys who masturbates like this." and implied he might have some resulting performance problems. What does he mean??!!
Posts: 6 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Men can masturbate without the use of hands. Rubbing with any object can work. We can't know what he is doing. Ask him.

I can't see this begetting any "performance" problems.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dunno where he got the one in ten number. a lot of people have a lot of different ways of masturbating. masturbation by itself won't harm sexual function, even if he's not using his hands. but what he means by all of this, well i don't know. it's kinda vague what he was saying. you'd do best to ask him what he means.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladydexter
Activist
Member # 17567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladydexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the "one in ten" figure is one commonly applied to autofellatio?
Posts: 336 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, autofellatio isn't going to harm your performance either. that, and i think the "one in ten" figure is of dubious origins.

in either case, unless he causes a physical injury to his penis, like breaking a major vessel or rupturing the fascia (which happens far more often with actual sexual intercourse), he's not in any danger.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladydexter
Activist
Member # 17567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladydexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
and i think the "one in ten" figure is of dubious origins.

Yup, I think so too, but it's all too easy to find that one in ten statistic splattered across the internet - or it was a couple of months back, not so sure about now. Not saying it's true, just it's probably where it came from.

Posts: 336 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an unlikely theory about what he means, but because of its unlikelihood I shall refrain from revealing it. Personally, I'd not worry about it. Because of the vagueness of what he's said it's really not worth your energy. Unless you want to ask him for a more specific explanation.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he's using a vacuum cleaner, then yes, it's dangerous. Of course, I doubt anyone with much of a brain would do that..especially since there's a Darwin Award for it.
Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.