Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Why is your 1st love....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why is your 1st love....
platinumbbabi
Activist
Member # 23350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for platinumbbabi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it that everyone says your 1st is so hard to get over? What makes the 1st one so different from the 3rd 4th or 5th? People say that you'll never forget the 1st one...Do you think that's true?
Posts: 50 | From: Brooklyn, New York, U.S. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I don't think a first love is any different than a second or third or whatever. I think it depends more on how you felt about that person, and your memories of what happened with the two of you. If two people had a very serious relationship, no matter which "number" it was, it's going to be difficult to just move on.

However, people do move on. It's just not positive to get fixated on a relationship that's already over. Your life isn't going to stop if you break up with someone, though sometimes it feels that way.

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think in general your first love is huge because for a lot of people, it starts in your teens. And with hormones and the general craziness that surrounds adolescence, love can feel a lot more intense than when you're older.

Also, the first time you fall in love, you're not cynical or wary of the hurt of a broken heart, so most people tend to dive in head first.

That's just my two cents.

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bebsangel
Neophyte
Member # 25514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bebsangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think your first love is at times more meaniful. It's the first person you do a lot of those "couple" things with, especially if it's a lengthy relationship. You may have your first 1yr anniversary, and/or your firt very special Valentines Day, and Birthday, and Christmas. Your first real relationship is your first first time for a lot. Who can ever forget those times.?
Posts: 15 | From: Dayton, TN, USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.