Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » So depressed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So depressed
Raven8004
Neophyte
Member # 25529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raven8004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need help with something...I know no one but me can pick the right decision, but I would like some advice atleast.The post I put before about me and my gf, well she is 1 year younger then me, and about to be 2 because I turn 15 in 2 days. Well her mom called and told me she does not want her daughter going out with me because I am too old.I will outline our coversation.

Phone rings-I see gf home on it so I pick up.
Her mom-Is this sean
Me-Yes it is.
Her mom-I am afraid I do not want my daughter to date you because you are too old.
Me-I love your daughter mam, well atleast I think I do.
Her mom-I know but she is only 13 and you are about to be 15.
Me-It should not matter the age if we are in love.
Her mom-I know, it is just a protection thing(silence) I know what boys your age think about, and want to do.
Me-I am not like that, but I will respect your decision.
Her mom-I respect you for that, I have to go now.
We both said bye and thats all there is to the phone call.
Well I was thinking about it for awile and I was leaning towards two decisions.1.Leave them alone and get out of their lifes.2.Talk to her mom&dad, beg them,plead them, and ask them to let me date her again.

From an outsiders point of view. Which do you think I should do. I have never liked any girl more, I realize that now and I want her be in my life. I just don't know which I should do.

Posts: 3 | From: missouri city, texas usa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you should respect her mother's stance. She is protecting her daughter. She said you shouldn't date--Did she say you couldn't be friends? She can still be in your life.

If you to continue to remain friends, there's no reason that in a few years, when both have you have grown up a bit, that you can't pursue a relationship then.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BetterSitUp
Neophyte
Member # 20367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BetterSitUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think if you truly have feelings for her, you should try and talk to her parents again. Don't beg and plead, just explain the situation, and that you respect their daughter and would never force her to do anything that she didn't want to do. Also, if sex is not on your mind- tell them that explain that it is not something you are ready for, so that should not be factor in the situation.
However, if they still don't agree, ask them if it is alright for the two of you to remain friends. And do not try to date her behind their backs, that is a sure fire way to lose their trust, and then in a few years if the two of you still want to date, and when the age thing is not so much a factor, they will remember what a good and trustworthy oerson you are.
Hope that helps!

------------------
"She's the blade and you're
the paper." ~Sugarcult

Posts: 19 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.