Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » After Me...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: After Me...
Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for those who have been reading my post know about me and my ex.
Well recently Since ive been single, I have been going out more than usual and its been feelings good have good clean fun, I met alot of new people and new friends. But there is this one girl in wich im Interested and shes also interested in me. This was 3 days ago. well my ex found out by one of her friends. Anyways 2 nights ago she called me and was just being her self, giving me attitude telling me that no wonder " I as in *Me* wanted so bad for her to break up with me so that I can be a "whore" In her words that means a player or something. Anyways I told her that she shouldnt get mad at me.
Im just having clean fun and not hurting anyone. she told me that Im hurting her Because she loves me so much and that she blocked, and hasnt been talking with that guy for about 2 weeks or so. Shes been feeeling like sh*t unwanted all those things. and told me her self that shes jelous, and regrets everything she did to me and wants me back really bad she hates the fact that she left me just for some compassion, for a crush that is already dead. she realized that it is I who she loves and cried for forgiveness for all that she ever did. and wants one more chance. i told her i had to go. but last night she came to my house in tears, she lied and said she was at a party wich was a block from me and came to my place instead without me knowing. and we went to my room and talked and i told her that i have a crush on this other girl and that had her in tears and she hugged me and tried to kiss me i backed her away really, but i cant forget about her and we made out and went to the next level. should i really give her that chance shes asking for, thinking about it just brings me bad memories and want to say no but then i think about all the good ones and gets me happy. i dont know what to do. help?

Posts: 119 | From: Chmblee,GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
As best as I can remember, you had good reasons for breaking up. Whenever you feel nostalgic about her, remember those reasons.

You broke up. You two have no further obligations towards each other. If she is feeling remorse it is her problem, not yours.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree w/ Bobolink.

Stop accepting her phone calls and messages. Don't go see her and don't allow her to come see you.

At the very least, make a decision. Wavering in between broken up and not broken up (making out w/ her and 'taking it to the next level' sends mixed messages) isn't helping anyone.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thnx Bobo & Smurf, I have done that since the past really, i barely had little communication with her. She would text me saying " hey " And i would just say hi and all but never to start something and when she would call me i have only picked 3 out her many calls. Im trying to keep her away but she keeps coming and coming. like its some challege. She made a mistake at first, and im just going to let her move on, on her own and let live with the guilt inside of her. ill be there for her as a friend to listen to her problems when ever she has any. but that would be about the only thing. unless i should just completly stay away from her.
Posts: 119 | From: Chmblee,GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would vote for just completely staying away from her. She has other friends she can go to ...

It's really hard going from relationship to friendship overnight. There's usually a lot of hurt and anger and often times there are mixed messages being sent, which can lead to huge misunderstandings (ie, her thinking you want to get back together when you're just trying to be nice).

Give it some time.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MadLittleGirl
Neophyte
Member # 25213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MadLittleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dymes you are messing up she wanted you to have sex with her so you would think she is what you need. Boy girl are very evil little thing and we get what we want trust me we make guys think they have us when we have you. I don't think you should get back together I read your old post and you two had more problems then any one in the world yes relationships has there problems but you two are just not meant to be in my eyes. Your relationship was unhealthy.

------------------
As you get older life gets harder

Posts: 22 | From: Somewhere in Tx | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yo Mad, enough with the generalizing, mkay?

Girls are not "evil little things", nor do we just make guys think they have us. Making innaporpriate comments like that will not be tolerated on the boards. If you're going to post, make it constructive, because that wasn't.

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

How you can stay away from someone when youve been close with that one person for over a year. its not that easy. we had our problems and everything yeah. breaking up hurted.. but letting everything go hurts more its not easy. and i dont know how to do that. the more i think about staying away from her the more i want to see her and think of her.
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Breaking up is never easy. You have to weigh the pros and cons.

Is everything you two have gone through and all the trouble you've had worth staying in touch w/ her? Doesn't seem like it'd be worth it, to me. She only seems interested in keeping you when you're showing interest elsewhere. Does that seem fair?

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.