Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Hormones?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hormones?
Kisses Me Pink
Activist
Member # 24198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kisses Me Pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately, as in, probobly the last month or so, I've been feeling sad. Just for no reason. Even when I should be happy I'm sad. I've kinda been blaming this on hormones, as I am 15, that's what I blame everything on, hehe.

However, I don't know. Lately this year, in school, ever since it's started, I just don't seem to want to socialize. With anyone. Besides my boyfriend. Maybe a couple of my closer friends when I'm in a really good mood. I don't know why. It's not even like I'm being quiet on purpose, I'm not shy, I just never seem to have anything to say. And when I do, I'm too afraid to say it. I just generally don't like being around people.

And I have really severe mood swings too. I can be in the best mood. And in a second, sometimes for no reason at all, I feel depressed. And I don't want to be around anyone.
And I feel the need to sleep alot more. Not so much because I'm tired, but just because it's kind of a way of avoiding my own feelings.

I've just been wondering if this is a normal teenage hormone thing, or if maybe there is possibly something wrong with me. The reason I ask is because it's affecting my relationships. Mainly with my boyfriend, because he doesn't understand. Why I feel this way. And he wants to make it better, which, when he's around he normally does. But quite frankly I don't really understand it either.

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A little moodyness is expected in the teenage years ... We all go through it.

How it's affecting your relationships and the fact that you say you're sleeping more than usual is what concerns me ... Not that there's something wrong, per se (there might be, i don't know), but that maybe you're not coping with the normal teenage moodyness as well as you could be.

Do you have guidance counselors at your school? This would be an excellent place to start. They should be able to refer you to someone who can screen you for depression (or anxiety, or anything else that could be causing this) and offer coping mechanisms for you to try.

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 09-20-2005).]

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kisses Me Pink
Activist
Member # 24198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kisses Me Pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We do have guidance counselors at our school, but truthfully, I have no idea how to schedule an appointment, and even if I did I wouldn't really know how to talk. It's one of those things, like when I don't really know a person, I really have nothing at all to say and I feel awkward. I've only seen my guidance counselor twice, once because I had to plan my schedule, and once because I wrote song lyrics to a song stuck in my head on a paper we had to turn in, and my french teacher thought I was suicidal. I've never spent more than 5 or so minutes in the guidance office.

I don't know...I guess it's just the idea of telling a stranger how I feel when I haven't told anyone besides my boyfriend, who's extremely close to me.
Any tips for overcoming this paranoia? (For lack of a better word..)

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.