Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » forgiving a friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: forgiving a friend
countrygirl01
Neophyte
Member # 25062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for countrygirl01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my friend had given my ex bf a bj and stuff and it really bothered me because he was like the first person i really luved i mean we were together off and on for three years. well a couple days ago i had done stuff with this one guy that she had liked and she was like well at first i was mad but then i got over it now we are even. but i dont think we are even because i mean she had never had a relationship with this guy . and i really dont feel that bad about it. i mean should i? i dont know what to tell her or anything because what she did was wrong i mean she told me to brake up with this guy cuz we was a dick to me. and then once we brake up she is all over him. personally i think its crap. can i have someone elses opinion?
Posts: 2 | From: tomah,WI, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakeshoregyrl
Neophyte
Member # 24902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakeshoregyrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if she got u to break up with him just so she could hook up with him, then that sucks and she's not a friend, but beyond that there's nothing you can do.

As for what you did to the other guy, if u r attracted to him then i see no problem wiht it, but if you hooked up with him just to get even, then i think that is a problem cause i don't think you should ever use sex stuff for anythign other than showing someone u r really attracted to how much u liek them. using sex to get even with someone else is kinda misusing sex.

Posts: 6 | From: New Orleans | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever heard the expression Two wrongs don't make a right? It means that just because someone did something wrong to you, doesn't give you the right to do something you know to be wrong back. It just doesn't work that way.

And why is this only your friends fault? Your ex had a part in this too. Are you out to get even with him too?

I agree that this girl doesn't sound like much of a friend to you, but i DON'T agree that you need to be out to get her now because of it. If you honestly can't forgive or forget, ditch her. No one needs friends like that.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gubblebum
Activist
Member # 15249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gubblebum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LilBlueSmurf:
Two wrongs don't make a right

Agreed. Although you can dream and imagine doing whatever you want to your friend for revenge, acting on it is a whole different story. If she's a true friend, she should not have hooked up with your ex knowing that it bothered you. Likewise, you should not have hooked up with her ex, knowing that it bothered her.

It's time to talk to her and "become even". A silly thing like guys shouldn't come between you and you should figure out a way to work past this. Fights can sometimes strengthen friendships, because like they say: What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Posts: 213 | From: Spain | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.