Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » What's going on?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's going on?
musical_gal
Activist
Member # 23394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for musical_gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Theres something very confusing. My ex broke up with me a few weeks ago as he said he wants to be single for a while, as he has been in and out of relationships quite a lot in the last few years. We have remained friends and i still see him quite a lot. The thing is, we seem to be more than "just friends". Whenever im with him he eventually starts hugging me and we have ended up kissing. I know its not a good thing as he has told me its only fun for him, and he wont do it if it upsets me as i still have feelings for him and would love to go back out with him. I just cant work out whats going on in his head. I don't want to start seeing anyone else at the moment, but im just worried that we might end up being caught in this trap of not being proper friends and its going to be weird if it carries on. Deep down i guess im hoping we will get back together, but i just cant tell what he's thinking. Is he just using me? There has been issues with another ex of mine wanting to get back with me- could he be trying to hold on in case he wants to go out with me? I really am clueless. I can't say ive ever felt how he must be feeling. Can anyone give any advice at all? I really dont know what the right choice to make is.
Posts: 146 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missxworldx
Neophyte
Member # 21364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missxworldx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All you can really do is talk to him about what he wants. If this is just 'fun' for him and he doesnt plan on getting back together, and you are not comfortable with doing things like kissing him if he doesnt want to get back together then you need to stop it. There's really no way for anyone here to know what's going on in his head right now so the best thing you can do is talk to him and ask him what it all means and decide what you want to do from there. Good luck ~!
Posts: 11 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gubblebum
Activist
Member # 15249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gubblebum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you said that you do hope that you get back together, it's probably time to stop this sort of relationship with your ex before you get hurt Friends with benefits relationships don't always work, because often someone wants more and gets hurt. He told you that the kissing between the two of you is just for fun, so it's obvious that he doesn't want more.

You should have a talk with him about what kind of relationship you have and what kind you want. This way, hopefully, you can avoid some heartache later on.

Posts: 213 | From: Spain | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.