Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » a

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a
psycho1187
Neophyte
Member # 24002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psycho1187     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 03-27-2006, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: psycho1187 ]

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused_and_wondering
Neophyte
Member # 24033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused_and_wondering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sweetest thing my boyfriend has done was definatly for Valentines Day. I met him at his house to exchange gifts. He gave me a heart shape box of chocolates and told me he was taking me out for dinner. He kept saying he knew it was lame but he didn't have much money so that was all he could do. I thought it was sweet though. Well then we went to eat and were about half way through the meal when the waitress walked out with 2 dozen roses and set them on our table. (he had come to the restraunt earlier to drop off the flowers and arrange the surprise) My boyfriend then recieted a poem he had written for me.
Personally, it was the best Valentines Day i've ever had.

Posts: 3 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brite Crayon83
Activist
Member # 23517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brite Crayon83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend is a sweety all the time.

But one thing that sticks out to me, is when I had my knee surgery 2 months ago. It was major knee surgery (I still cant walk and am on crutches) but the day of my surgery he took me back to the dorms, and made sure I was ok. I slept over there, and he was up all night with me, making sure I was ok. I would wake up in the night crying and moaning cuz of the pain, and he would just hold me. The next day he went out and told me he was stopping by a friends house for a while. I was a little upset, cuz I just had major surgery and he was going to leave me alone, but it was ok. he came back with a Build-A-Bear. It was so cute. He never went to a friends house, he went to the mall to make me a bear. I press the hand and it says in his voice 'Get well babe, I love you'. It was the sweetest most cutest thing ever!

Posts: 74 | From: Rhode Island, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice idea! one idea though: perhaps, we could not limit it to boyfriends? that leaves a lot of people out...i suggest we expand the topic and talk about nice things all kinds of partners/significant others have done for us.

e

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/001749.html although its compliments, it falls under the same subject

------------------
my bucket of tears

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trojan_danzer
Neophyte
Member # 23670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trojan_danzer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend watches out for me...massages my shoulders/ back when I am tense, cuddles and cooks for me all the time when he comes over/ or helps out whenever possible. He always knows what to say and is always there for me I don't know what I would do without him that is for sure. I wish everyone had a Stephen that they could put there arms around like I do, he is truely an angel.
Posts: 11 | From: Glasgow, KY ,USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anaya07
Neophyte
Member # 24028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anaya07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Boyfriend is awesome. Two things stick out in my mind.
On my last day of school as a senior .. he told me to go and get a book out of his locker.. and when I went into his locker there were roses there for me!
When I was sick ... he took me out to lunch from school and took me to the park and had soup because that was all i was to eat.
He also does random things Like in the car he will turn up the music and sing to me .. even though he does not have the hottiest voice. He also plays the guitar and he will play me songs!
Ahh I LOVE HIM!

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
golden_lily
Neophyte
Member # 18231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden_lily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, the sweetest thing my boyfriend's done. I think that might be on my 18th birthday, when everyone ignored it. My family was like "Happy Birthday. Hey, can you make dinner? Something we like." My mom, my sister, and my best friend didn't even get me presents! Not even cards! (I don't really expect presents but still that stung) So I was complaining to my boyfriend over AIM (he lives 8 hours away) and even though he had to get ready for work he let me go on for a good hour. Then as we were saying goodnight, he called my cell phone to wish me happy birthday. It might not sound like much, but he hates phones with a passion and hearing his voice always makes me feel better. It just meant a lot to me that he made a big deal out of it when no one else did. And I know I made him late for work but he didn't mind, he just let me vent.
Posts: 17 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorry
Neophyte
Member # 22208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suffice to say, i havent had alot of girls go out of the way to do something for me.
Yeah theyve done physical things as a gift.
But i really dont care about that being a gift. When i was going out with an ex, she bought me a glass sword for my birthday because i liked swords. (It wasnt a huge one, but it was still cool.) And its sitting on my shelf, even though we arent going out its one of the sweetest and few things that a girl has done for me.

------------------
"We cannot dwell on the past, we can only look forward to the future"

Posts: 22 | From: Everett | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really had to think about this one ... ! Not that he doesn't do nice things for me, but i had a hard time narrowing it down to the 'sweetest' ...

Anyway ... I had a 'procedure' done about a year ago that required me to be hospitalized overnight. I was pretty freaked out about having to spend the night in the hospital (doctors and nurses make the worst patients!) so he agreed to stay w/ me.

We had to lie and say we were married to ensure they'd tell him stuff about my condition (for when i was too drugged to fully comprehend and when mom wasn't there) and let him stay w/ me. Once they agreed to it all they brought him in this tiny cot ... He's not a tiny man The mattress was super thin and his feet hung over the end by quite a bit but he still swore it was much better than he'd expected.

He kept me company and joked around going through all the hospital equipment ... We watched my heart monitor as if it was TV. He carried my bags to the car for me (i wasn't allowed to lift/push anything over 5lbs for a week) and would hardly let me get up for anything once we got home. It was adorable.

I think i'll keep him

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cactus9
Activist
Member # 22679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend normally doesn't do gifts. She's different from most girls: she has an adversity towards shopping. It's a waste of time in her opinion, to look around for a few hours and find nothing of interest.

Well, I was at one of my good friend's graduation party. He knew her a little, mostly from his ex-girlfriend. So, she was invited too. Well, she didn't go and I covered for her. It wasn't her "crowd." She later called me during the party and we just talked, I just messed around a little with her and tried to get her to come. It didn't work; she had to go shopping for something with her mom. Now, I knew her mom made her go shopping occasionally, so I thought nothing of it.

Later, after the commencement ceremony, while we're out to dinner with my family, she tells me she got me a graduation gift. I put two and two together, and while having her at the party would have been great, I still felt pretty happy. I didn't expect a thing. Although she was worried that I wouldn't like it because it's not something she would have liked. She chose this gift mostly due to its cost.

So, it's starting to get late and I'm dropping her off. We go inside, and there's a card (unsigned) and a gift box. I open it up, and it's a golf themed pen set. She didn't have any time to get it engraved, as the mall was closing down, but oh well. I'll still remember it's from her. And I use the pens for writing in my journal.

Posts: 86 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.