Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Does Playing Hard to get work?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does Playing Hard to get work?
coley0421
Neophyte
Member # 23782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coley0421     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey this is for all the ladies... but guys can answer to..i have noticed that when you play hard to get a guy wants you more...is that true? and if so how can you play hard to get but still let the guy know that your interested, and that you like him at the same time? I liked this guy and he liked me but i think that i made it easy for him to get me so he lost interest really fast...how can i fix that?
Posts: 5 | From: Minnesota USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CEC523
Activist
Member # 23120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CEC523     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think to a certain point, playing hard to get does work. Taking something off the table makes you more comfortable with it and therefore more open to the idea.

I'm not a big advocate for playing hard to get when it comes to relationships. I advocate keeping the lines of communications open. Don't play games. However, once you're in the relationship, the whole game of cat and mouse can be fun.

Good luck.

------------------
"Talking about music is like talking about sex. Can you describe it?"
-Bruce Springsteen

Posts: 124 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brite Crayon83
Activist
Member # 23517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brite Crayon83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If he likes you and you like him, whats the point in playing hard to get?

I mean if you keep playing hard to get, he might eventually get sick of the games, or this you arent interested in him, and end up giving up on you, and you dont wanna risk that, right?

I would say if you 2 have mutual feelings, just express it to one another, and see what happens from there.

Posts: 74 | From: Rhode Island, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, a good relationship is highly dependent on good communication.

Silly mind games are not good communication.

Sure, some folks like the "thrill of the hunt," but in the end, if you're able to say what you want crystal clearly, then you're gonna run into problems.

A LOT of folks like clear messages and don't pick up on subtlety very well. nor do they want to figure out the subtlety.

so what's the fun part, in your opinion? Do you like being chased. Do you like pursuit? Or do you like to get into the real core of the relationship, and the relating and stuff?

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.