Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » She Cheated on me...But shes sorry.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: She Cheated on me...But shes sorry.
scorry
Neophyte
Member # 22208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone, ive got a problem with my gf.
Now, the week before last...It was friday.
I went to school, didnt see my gf in the morning; but ran into her in the halls. I knew something was wrong, and i asked. She told me what happened thursday night. She had started messing around with this guy who she really looked up to, kindof like a big brother. He wanted it to go further, but she didnt let it. Now, im nice. Im kind to her, im not too clingy. Theres nothing wrong with me. But she still went and did that. She has been upset about what she did, she was crying at the end of the day when we talked. I could see the pain. And in a way it made me happy, because i knew that meant she cared. She knew what she did was wrong, and she felt bad about it. She didnt lie to me; she told me. But the fact that she did it remains. Ive forgiven her, but i cant forget it. Things have been pretty cool with us, were doing fine right now. But im not. Im trying to let go of what happened, and say "she wont do it again". But i had a friend whom i talked to tonight, and he had almost the same thing happen. But it happened to him more than once. He kept forgiving her. But i wont forgive my girl again if it happens. I do feel in my heart that she is sorry for what she did, and i do feel she wont do it again.
But i still worry, i worry so much. Ive had more than enough people tell me "If she did it once, it will happen again". What my friend told me sounded so familiar, im starting to question myself. Starting to question if what she said was truthful or just a lie. I dont feel like i believe her apologies. But i love her, thats why i forgave her in the first place.
I dont know what to do...If i wanted to break things off i would, but i dont want to do that at all. But i also dont want to keep feeling like this.

------------------
"We cannot dwell on the past, we can only look forward to the future"

Posts: 22 | From: Everett | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coley0421
Neophyte
Member # 23782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coley0421     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it sounds like that she really is sorry, and everyone makes mistakes ya know. I say that you two should work it out and just see what happens, and if by any chance she does it again then you should break it off because that will tell you something. But until then i think you should just lover her the way you are, and yea there will always be that doubt in your mind but try to keep it in the back of your head and try to let it not get to you. I do believe once a cheater always a cheater but that might not stand true for EVERYONE!

But good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Posts: 5 | From: Minnesota USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mochachoco
Neophyte
Member # 23793

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mochachoco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you don't want to leave her. That's okay, and that's what I would do too if my boyfriend ever cheated on me.
Because the trust has suddenly been broken, if you want to continue to be together, you should both work at rebuilding that trust. I guess it's kinda like starting over. It's hard.
It sucks how you have to hurt and worry all the time that she might do it again.
She's going to have to work to gain your trust again, and you can't make it easier if you tell yourself over and over that she might do it again. If you really care for your relationship you should give it a fair chance.
It it happens again, you probably know what you should really do.

Posts: 11 | From: CAN | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.