Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » one 4 the guys 2 answer or girls if they kno!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: one 4 the guys 2 answer or girls if they kno!
confuzed bunny
Neophyte
Member # 22589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confuzed bunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, 4 about 2 years now, ive been getting with guys at parties or things like that, and the guys i get with r ppl that i kno and talk 2, but after the 'stuf' has hapend with them (not all the way) they dnt seem 2 be interested in relationship. n it was just like a fling 2 them, and i dont understand why it is like this. if this doesnt make sence tell me n ill try n re-phrase it.lol. thnx all x

------------------
live each day like its your last

Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 18722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 113533     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually, hook ups at parties don't last (in terms of making it a romantic relationship) . There are exceptions, however, this is just the general conclusion. The reason for this being that some people just simply don't want a romantic relationship (for whatever reason), and are perfectly fine with having casual sex to satisfy themselves. That's basically it.
Posts: 169 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Confused bunny, when you registered at Scarleteen you agreed to post in standard English and not netspeak. This is especially important for Scarleteen readers whose first language is not English. Netspeak also messes with our search functions.

If you just agreed to the Guidelines without reading them I suggest that you read them now because you also agreed to be held accountable to them.

Here is the link:

Guidelines

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle Ravel
Activist
Member # 21100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle Ravel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I was really confused reading your post and had very little idea what you were talking about. What are all those numbers doing there? Can you rewrite your post, just for clueless people like me?
Posts: 51 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confuzed bunny
Neophyte
Member # 22589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confuzed bunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry michelle here you go...

ok, for about two years now, i have been getting with guys at parties or things like that, and the guys i get with are people that i know and talk to, but after the 'stuff' has happend with them (not all the way) they dont seem to be interested in a relationship. and it was just like a fling to them, and i dont understand why it is like this. if this doesnt make sence tell me and i will try and re-phrase it. thanks all x

------------------

Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissMom2Bee
Neophyte
Member # 22616

Icon 5 posted      Profile for MissMom2Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you have been doing certain things with guys at parties and they haven't talked to you since. Maybe it was a one night stand and they didn't want a relationship. Did you know these guys before the parties? Maybe take the time to know them, or chose a little wisely. Maybe, they weren't ready for a relationship.
Posts: 9 | From: Gulfport, MS, United States | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confuzed bunny
Neophyte
Member # 22589

yes i did kow them before the party, and i still talk to them now, but the conversations we have are really short and its quite awkward.

------------------

JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's actually a pretty normal response. After having a fling w/ someone that you "kinda know" it's pretty normal to feel a bit anxious or ignore them. So what you're experiencing it's probably that anxiety. And if it's not anxiety, than it's probably a lack of wanton of a romantic relationship, as mentioned above.

It might be a good idea to cut down on the flings for now. It limits the people that you are able to get to know really well, and it doesn't seem like it's doing you much good right now emotionally. So until you are ready to maybe try a steady relationship with someone you know really well, I'd try getting to know more people well, and if you still would like a relationship, move from there. It can turn some people off if the fling is just for the heck of it, with no real feelings. And it might benefit you love life to just lay off the flings for a while

[This message has been edited by JamsessionVT (edited 03-25-2005).]

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
it was just like a fling to them, and i dont understand why it is like this.

I guess the question is why you expect it to be any way.

Sex doesn't magically create a romantic relationship where there isn't one already, or automatically make the other person interested in a relationship.

So if you have casual sex, it's not really surprising if the other people assume that's just what it is - casual sex.

Which is fine if casual sex is what you want, but it sounds like it isn't.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.