Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Help!!! IS THIS LOVE? OR ONE BIG PROBLEM!!!!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help!!! IS THIS LOVE? OR ONE BIG PROBLEM!!!!?
xEternallyb0undx
Neophyte
Member # 20483

Icon 4 posted      Profile for xEternallyb0undx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's this guy that I've known for a while now (about a year and a few months). When I first met him I didn't like him but as I go to know him better I started to actually look forward to talking with him everyday. I guess you could say I liked him. Anyway, a few months passed by and he said he was in love with me and wanted to go out really badly. I was going to go out with him but since my mother wasn't letting me go out at the time I decided to be obediant and didn't. He was heart broken and still liked me for several months. He stalked me and followed me to my classes and talked about me in a good way to all his friends. Anyway he then said he didn't like me.. and thats when I started to be MADLY in love with him. Talk about a twist, eh? Anyway I was obssessed and couldnt think of anything else but him. He was sweet, adorable, smart... basically anything a girl would want in a guy. A couple of long months passed and he asked me out again...kind of saying he was lying about NOT liking me. Hah. Anyway I totally agreed and was siked that he was mine! It went slow and he said he didn't want to rush things with me because I was worth saving. Not even one kiss!! AHHH that killed me all I wanted to do was have a looong make out session with him till the day ended! lol. Anyway at the end of the fist week we were going out he said that we should be friends..............................................................................................................HUH?!? Yeah that's what I was thinking!!! To make it sound like I wasn't totatly heart-broken and depressed (and angry!!!) I sad "Uh..........yeah... I agree ..?" And so there it ended. Since then it's been a few months and I still am madly in love with him... I think about him all the time! And I also wonder what was wrong with me.. Anyway I recently talked with him online and he brought up a question that got to my attention. he said "If you think it werent for me saying that "just bein friends thing" we would have a longer relationship?" and i was like...MY GOD DUH!!! I mean come on what kind of stupid question was that!?I know he likes me and I like him but I'm scared to start anything b/c of that spontaneous "break-up". Not only that but I am a christian and occasionally he curses and is veering toward that satinic side which is really scaring the crap out of me. AND if thats not enough my homecoming dance is next week and hes going too. Actually hes going with this girl as a friend and nothing more. I feel terrible about all this and I know I cant stop liking him. Is this guy worth my time??! I don't know what to think or what to do! Does anyone have any advice?!

[This message has been edited by xEternallyb0undx (edited 10-21-2004).]

[This message has been edited by xEternallyb0undx (edited 10-21-2004).]

Posts: 6 | From: Boynton Beach, Fl, United States | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darknight14
Neophyte
Member # 20220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for darknight14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in the same situation last year, I know that it's hard to forget but try to focus on other stuff like you friends or your school work, you'll get over it trust me. That's how I got over that guy. Hope I helped.
Posts: 24 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blink
Activist
Member # 18892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he's not involved with anyone right now, maybe you should talk to him about why there was the spontaneous break-up and whether it might be a possibility for you two to date again. If that's not an option, then try to get involved with other things... you'll get over him.

Although if you're not comfortable with his cursing or are worried about his "satanic side" (I don't know what you mean, exactly, but if it creeps you out) then you probably shouldn't try to be dating him again.

Don't worry, you WILL get over him.

Posts: 106 | From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smilee_kylie
Activist
Member # 20046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilee_kylie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you think he's worth it, talk to him! Otherwise you might regret that you never did. If after talking it turns out there is no chance for you guys then yes move on and focus on other committments. I had a friend who is a christian and starting going out with a non-christian. She started bringing him to church with her and he became a christian himself.
Posts: 58 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.