Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » The Break - It's abit long...... sorry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Break - It's abit long...... sorry
Jenni_05
Activist
Member # 17270

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Jenni_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been going out with my boyfriend for a year and he had just told me that he wanted to go on a break He wants to figure out what he wants and wanted to make sure that he is making the right decision He does'nt want to make the wrong choice.... say if we stay together and we get married down the the track and it does'nt work out and ends up in divorce in which he does not want to happen.

Which i totally understand where he is coming from and there just alot of issues to work through and so i am totally cool with having a break...... welll i am but it just really hurts and its hard to deal with as i love him so much and can't stand the thought of losing him.

I just thought i'd come on here for a little advice (if there is any) and to vent abit as i don't have many ppl to talk to.

I hope that the Message makes sense..... TA

[This message has been edited by Jenni_05 (edited 05-02-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Jenni_05 (edited 05-03-2004).]

Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EricaL828
Neophyte
Member # 15763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EricaL828     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I understand how all that could make you feel very bad. It's good that you understand his need to take a break. As far as what you did with someone else, it's good that you learned your lesson. Also, hopefully you have taken full responsibility for it and not placed any blame on your bf. It is important that you express how and why you did what you did to him. (honestly) I also know what it's like to do something you don't want to do, but part of you doesn't listen. The best thing with that is to LISTEN! It is really hard sometimes, but in the future remember how you felt after this happend. Things will work out for the best, I promise. Many people take breaks and they are the only way sometimes to proceed forward in a relationship. I would recommend being patient with your boyfriend and waiting things out. My prayers are with you.
Posts: 6 | From: plano texas US | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenni_05
Activist
Member # 17270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry i meant the whole topic....is it possible to delete the whole topic?

Can you please delete the whole topic PLEASE?!

sorry for the confusion

[This message has been edited by Jenni_05 (edited 05-03-2004).]

Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.