Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » not enough time?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: not enough time?
tokewl4you
Neophyte
Member # 11268

Icon 5 posted      Profile for tokewl4you     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been dating a guy for almost 6 months now, and i love him to pieces. We have only known eachother for about a year, but we do know eachother very well. he is turning 16 in six months and i am turning 17 in a few weeks, and we are both still virgins. I am only searching for personal opinions but he and I would like to get engaged and we have put a lot of thought into our future. Does anyone think it would be too soon to know if you want to spend the rest of your life with someone?
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odd_hobbit
Activist
Member # 14516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for odd_hobbit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this is how I look at it. DOes getting engaged when you guys are this age really change anything? If you guys are in love you will still be together. Not like you guys will break up or something if you dont get engaged. I had a friend who got engaged when she was 16. She realises now that she got engaged because she was afraid of her relationshpi falling apart. And she though getting engaged meant marriage. Well it doesnt always.

You guys can do whats up to you though. Just try to thikn if it will change much. I dont really know, but I dont think you guys will be planning on getting married anytime soon. So why not wait?

------------------
-Rhianne
Space Cadet Glow

Posts: 40 | From: Purgatory | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~Jasons*Baby~
Neophyte
Member # 15168

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ~Jasons*Baby~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well you have to think of your future and what you really want. If you can see him in your future and you have everything planned out and you know that you will truley be happy then you know you want to spend the rest of your life with that person.
Posts: 30 | From: Trenton,GA U.S.A | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diggsm550
Neophyte
Member # 15301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diggsm550     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tokewl4you:
I would like to get engaged and we have put a lot of thought into our future.

does he know about the engagement? if so what does he think.
if you really really really love him think about what might happen in the aftermath of poping the question.
like what is he says no is that the end of your relationship? will there be hard feelings? what about tomorrow?

Posts: 22 | From: cobleskill ny usa | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.