Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Protectice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Protectice
Dark Blue
Activist
Member # 15264

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dark Blue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, first of all, I'm really sorry, my sister told me about this site, and i didn't realize I was signed in as her and not me when I posted, and she got all mad and tried to delete it, so that's why the one below this has the same title -SORRY!

Anyway, back to my concern:
Last night my boyfriend had some people over, but as the night went on he started getting depressed/angry like he sometimes does, so I tried to make things as easy for him as possible and was like trying to comfort him and stuff.

I heard today that 2 of the girls his best friend brought over, who I had never met before, thought i was really "protective" of my boyfriend. I was wondering what they meant but this, like if you were going to call a girl protective, what about her would bring you to that conclusion? I'm just curious as to what it was, becuase it wasn't like I wouldn't let him talk to girls, cuz i trust him and he was a bit, and i wasn't constantly around him, but i did dit near him a lot and try to cheer him up, but is that really that uncommon?!

I'm just wondering what you think about it... when my boyfriend told me this today he said he never really found me like that before ("nothing compared to my ex girlfriend, mutter mutter mutter" lol) and that whatever they're call protective is fine with him ("i like the way you're protective, if that's what it is") but i was just wondering what you thought I could've done that made me seem too protective of him, just a secondt opinion would help, lol!!

I mean, I love him and think he's the sweetest, cutest, nicest, hottest ( ) buy in the world, but does caring have to = too protective?!?!?

------------------
"She stumbled on a kiss and fell into love."

Posts: 62 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I deleted your other post. No big deal, accidents happen...just try to make sure you're signed in with your own handle next time before you post.

I'll shift this over to Relationships since it probably fits better there.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rule Nineteen in BruinDan's Guide to Ordinary Living is "Never take too much stock in the rantings and ravings of others."

So these random folk are calling you "protective?" So what? Honestly, that sort of thing is subjective, and everyone who sees you around your boyfriend is going to have a different opinion of how you are acting around him. These people saw your behavior and saw it one way, no doubt others (like your boyfriend, apparently) feel otherwise. It's nothing to be worried about.

People have all sorts of reasons for saying things like these, and while we can't really speculate on their motives...I wouldn't beat myself up over it at all. So long as you are happy, your boyfriend is happy, and you're not limiting one another's contact with the outside world; I think you'll be just fine. Despite what these naysayers are claiming.

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PHOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.