Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help
FieldHockey4life
Neophyte
Member # 15196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FieldHockey4life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have been going out with my boyfriend since July, and we have been very close and open with eachother for a long time... now, for the past few days hes been putting me on block so he could go into chatrooms. I made a screenname to watch what he does in there and basically he keeps sayin hi to these bimbos and they dont answer him.. how should i handle this? he broke my heart when he did that yesterday, what should i do? also, my good friend is willing to drive up to come and see me, but i told him no because im too committed, but then again he isnt being so committed to me... should i let him drive up to see me?

------------------
I Can't Remember Anything
Can't Tell If this Is True or Dream
Deep down Inside I Feel to Scream
this Terrible Silence Stops Me

Posts: 10 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by FieldHockey4life:
should i let him drive up to see me?

No, you should have a nice little chat with your boyfriend. This doesn't really sound like the sort of behavior a boyfriend would undertake, so why not call him on it?

I'll leave out the part about you playing the role of "online stalker," because while I definitely don't feel entirely comfortable with that concept, what's done is done. And now that you know what's going on, you owe it to yourself to talk to him and find out what is going on. Either way, it appears the two of you may have vastly different ideas of how this "relationship" is supposed to progress, and you're going to have to straighten that out.

Once you've done that, then you can start worrying about bringing your friend to visit you. But for goodness sake, don't go bringing anyone else into the mix right now. You've already got your hands full with the "bimbos," why would you want to complicate matters any further? Take things one step at a time, and see where that gets you. Good luck!

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PHOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FieldHockey4life
Neophyte
Member # 15196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FieldHockey4life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
grrr its impossible for me to even talk to him, he wont take me off block or anything and hes not reading his mail
Posts: 10 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Call him? Go to his house? If he's your boyfriend, at least one of those should be an option. If not, I'd say you're attaching a reasonably serious title to something it doesn't suit.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

The Earth says Hel-lo!

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.