Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » No luck with the ladies.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No luck with the ladies.
CoopDog
Neophyte
Member # 15245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoopDog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's good to be back. I posted here a bunch a while ago and forgot my user name so, hello.
I don't know what it is.
I have no luck with girls at all. My last girlfriend was 4 years ago and that was one date, that was at public school. And it's really frustrating hearing my friends talk about having manual sex with their girlfriends.

I was feeling lucky today, my school and another school shared a bus for an 8 hour ride.

(You know when you will look over at someone and catch them looking at you and then they look up or around pretending that they weren’t looking at you.)

Well this girl kept doing that on the bus ride down and on the field trip. So on the bus ride back a girl that I know calls her back to sit next to me. We talked for about 2 hours or so and we were really hitting it off. Then she just randomly walks away and sits next to her friend. I know it wasn’t something I said because she was just excited about how we have the same birthday. Then a few hours later she sits in the seat behind me and acts like we never even met and will talk to everyone sitting around me but not me.

That's just one example of my bad luck.

When I was in public school from 6th to 8th grade. People were already having sex and if a girl was asked out by an unpopular guy they would go out with them, it was just a lot more relaxed.

So then I went to private school and everyone was uptight about going out. So I would ask out girls and always be turned down. So now I don't chase girls in my grade anymore because I have been turned down so many times. So I kind of play hard to get, which I know is the wrong way to get to know girls but what's another approach?

Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crepe
Neophyte
Member # 14675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crepe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think what you were doing was fine. what's wrong with being turned down? the bottom line is, if you dont ask, you dont know. i think it is actually a good thing that you're taking the initiative, and if she turns you down then you know for sure...at least you're not spending ages thinking about it, you can just move right on right? one thing you could perhaps do is to maybe get to know the girl better and 'feel out' the situation before you ask her. i think then you would have a better idea whether she'd turn you down or not.

also, playing hard to get is definitely not the way to go. these games are EXTREMELY annoying for the party you're doing it to. it definitely does not gaurantee you'll get a date, but it does that they'll probably lose interest 'fore you can bring yourself to end these 'games'.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.