Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » help im controlling

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help im controlling
SweetLiLSouthernThang
Activist
Member # 13409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetLiLSouthernThang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, ive been dating this guy for 14months now..i love him with all my heart, and we are actually going to get married. Im 18/f the thing is, im very jealous...I'm not sure why hes never done anything to make me jealous, im also very possesive of him, i dont want him hanging out with his friends, and i dont want him talking to other girls, because i want all his attention. I know its wrong, and i know i have a problem...But he also acts like this...It's been gettin us into alot of fights lately, and we both want to change our jealous habits. He's 17 and still in highschool (11th gr.) i graduated last year...the thing is...I duno what to do to change...I've never been like this with anyone else before...my last boyfriend, i cared alot about and he cheated on me nearly broke me heart...i think maybe thats why? But i duno any advice suggestions...im open for anything im just afraid if something doesnt happen im going to lose him.
Posts: 46 | From: Long Beach, Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Zor-El
Activist
Member # 14499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Zor-El     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SweetLiLSouthernThang:
I've never been like this with anyone else before...my last boyfriend, i cared alot about and he cheated on me nearly broke me heart...i think maybe thats why?

That's exactly why and good for you for recognizing your change in attitude and wanting to fix it. You put your defenses up after your last boyfriend betrayed you -- now the hardest part is lowering those defenses enough to let someone else in and not be suspicious of their every move. You're scared of dropping your guard to the point where you're just as vulnerable and trusting and innocent as the time when you were hurt so badly, I know. I've been through it. A lot of us have been through it. Sadly, there is no sure-fire formula to make these feelings stop. The best thing would be to have a reasoned and rational communication with your boyfriend and explain to him all these things you've been feeling. Tell him that you know he's a different person than your last boyfriend but these things in your past have instilled certain fears in you. Only time and communication will make these things go away. Trust is not automatic, it needs to be built and earned -- just try to make it a little easier on the guy

Good luck,
Kara

------------------
"If you're going through Hell, keep going..."
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 123 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~Jasons*Baby~
Neophyte
Member # 15168

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ~Jasons*Baby~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think maybe the problem is you are worried that this guy will cheat on you too. though he hasn't given you a reason but you still worry because you care for him alot. You need to let your boy go out and have some space because being too close to someone can be a problem. You will have lots of fights more than you are having now if you don't give him some space. If you trulely love him and you are meant to be he wont cheat on you and this relationship will be wonderful. hope I helped if you need anymore help email me at edited because our guidelines forbid posting email addresses@hotmail.com. HOpe I helped thanks bye.

[This message has been edited by KittenGoddess (edited 10-22-2003).]

Posts: 30 | From: Trenton,GA U.S.A | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.