Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I want to ask him out, but were already dating..sort of

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I want to ask him out, but were already dating..sort of
doe4youbaby2
Neophyte
Member # 5251

Icon 4 posted      Profile for doe4youbaby2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Met Evan when I started college in august, He is a great friend and I like him a lot. He knows that and says he feels the same way. Two weeks ago he broke up with is girlfriend from back home in Washington.
I have been "hooking up" with him since the beginning of september(I knew about his girlfriend. but I liked him so much i pushed my way right in.) We are getting closer, and I really enjoy spending time with him.
I really want to pursue a "relationship" with him. We basically have one already, just neither of us has come straight out and made it into something, does that matter?
He tells me I am amazing, and everyday I like him more.so... here is my question...

Can a relationship just begin? or does someone have to Officialy ask one out?

Posts: 5 | From: nj | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pisces
Activist
Member # 11886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pisces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the status of a relationship can be confusing if it remains unspoken, and I would suggest that you have a talk with him about what you both feel regarding the situation.

My concern would be that you're with someone who wasn't faithful to his last partner. Doesn't that say something about trustworthiness right there? You've been hooking up with him while he was-- I'm assuming exclusively dating this girl, and you say you pushed in. What's to stop it from happening again? I'd be careful. (I also don't think it was very nice to know that he had a girlfriend and disregard her feelings in this when you hooked up. another note-- I'm also assuming from context that your "hooking up" was something that would constitute a breach of trust with his then-current girlfriend. If I'm mistaken, my apologies.)

Ignoring that factor, though it's something you should think about, relationships begin in different ways. Some people need an official statement, while others just sort of fall into them. If you want it clearly defined, the only way you're going to get that is by sitting down and talking with him.

Posts: 57 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~Jasons*Baby~
Neophyte
Member # 15168

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ~Jasons*Baby~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that if you really like him and you feel you might already be going out in a sort of way you should try to talk to him and ask him where your relationship is and maybe everything will be ok. HOpefully he'll just go right out and say let's go out, he will if he likes you as much as you say. HOpefully everything will work out and if you need anymore help send me an email at edited because we ask that you not post your email @hotmail.com hope I helped well thanks bye.

[This message has been edited by KittenGoddess (edited 10-22-2003).]

Posts: 30 | From: Trenton,GA U.S.A | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.