Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » is it wrong???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it wrong???
gothicbeautyqueen
Activist
Member # 12941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gothicbeautyqueen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i have been with my recent boyfriend for about a month now but i have known him for like 8 years now. well i love everything about him and he is a great guy except for two things. one he has a problem talking to me about things and he never tells me how he feels on things and second of all he has an anger problem and he hates people. like he hasnt ever taken out any anger out on me at all but he does have a temper.

well i met this guy that i work with about 3 or 4 weeks ago and we hit it off instantly. like the second we saw eachother there were sparks. everyone at my works see the way we act and thinks there is something going on. he seems like such a great guy. i mean he is funny and smart and fun to be around and is just a goofy fun guy and he has no anger at all. there is so much sexual tension between us its not even funny. well tonight he asked me to cover for him and when i said ok just that he owed me he made the comment "well ill have to take you out on a date sometime" and gave me the cutest grin ever.

well the thing is that im really falling for this guy at my work. i think he likes me and i know i like him but he is 20 and im only 16 my mom knows that i like this guy alot and she said if he is a good guy she wont care if we go out. but then again i have a boyfriend. the girls at my work say i should hang out with him as a friend and see what happens from there. that if i want to get with him after we get to know eachother more then i break it off with my boyfriend. is that bad of me? also its like i want a guy that wants to go out and have fun and meet people and be goofy and my boyfriend isnt like that really. also should i be honest with my boyfriend that i do like this guy or just hang out with him and see what happens? and if i go out with this guy to hang out like before work is that cheating if i dont do anything with him?

Posts: 85 | From: living hell | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~Jasons*Baby~
Neophyte
Member # 15168

Icon 12 posted      Profile for ~Jasons*Baby~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should think about it and decide which one you like the most. If you like this guy more then you like your boyfriend maybe you should just break up and go out with this other guy. Tell the other guy how you feel and then see what he says, I mean like you said your boyfriend has an anger problem and he doesn't like to talk things out with you. I don't think your boyfriend likes you very much b/c if he did then he woudl atleast listen to you and he wouldn't take all of his anger and put it on you. This other guy atleast has respect for you and he sees you as a person and not a dog. Clearly the choice is up to you though but if it was me I would talk to this other guy and see if he wanted to go out.
Posts: 30 | From: Trenton,GA U.S.A | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepyme
Activist
Member # 14506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a tough sistuation. The thing is with steady realtionships is that they are just that. Steady, and if you are really attracted to this co-work of yours AND your boyfriend maybe you shouldn't be exclusively with either. Have you thought about talking to your boyfriend and seguesting you see other people? That way you can date around, discover yourself, and find out what is really right for you attempting to hurt as little feelings as possible. It seems unfair, to me that is, to start hanging out with this guy with the intention of dating him.... but keeping your boyfriend there just incase it doesn't work out. I am not sure if that is what you are trying to do or anything. It just seems to me you may need a little 'attactment free' time where you could see several people... maybe not even just these two guys and figure out just what/who you want. Sorry, this might be stupid advice but, I wanted to put my two cents in. Good Luck.
~L

Posts: 62 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gothicbeautyqueen
Activist
Member # 12941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gothicbeautyqueen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
to sleepyme, thanx for the advice hun. for some reason you really hit a spot with me. i do care about my boyfriend but im really starting to think i do need some dating time so to speak. im gonna see if we can be friends and go on dates more or less and work on our problems so that way we can see other ppl and see what all happens. ya know. thanx though hun.
Posts: 85 | From: living hell | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepyme
Activist
Member # 14506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to have helped. Good luck!
Posts: 62 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeekaz190
Neophyte
Member # 15230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeekaz190     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by gothicbeautyqueen:
ok i have been with my recent boyfriend for about a month now but i have known him for like 8 years now. well i love everything about him and he is a great guy except for two things. one he has a problem talking to me about things and he never tells me how he feels on things and second of all he has an anger problem and he hates people. like he hasnt ever taken out any anger out on me at all but he does have a temper.

Ok See That Part About The 8 Yrs and The
quote:
"He hasnt ever taken out any anger out on me at all but he does have a temper"
Maby Because He Loves You So much he couldn't bear to take anger on Sum 1 like u. Also About the
quote:
"i have known him for like 8 years now. well i love everything about him and he is a great guy except for two things. one he has a problem talking to me about things and he never tells me how he feels on things'

Maby cos he isn't used to u being his gf, Explain that u want him to Share with u! I Have known this girl for like 8yrz im not datin her and im not gonna but we drift apart if she dont talk to me. remeber if u dont tell him he will never know why you broke up with him and when that happens the chances are you would ave lost a friend and when girls sum times break-up wif guys and we don't know why......... Things happen.

Zeekaz

------------------
Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds
----------------------Our friends should be companions who inspire us, who help us rise to our best.

Posts: 6 | From: Ozzi Ozzi Ozzi, OI OI OI | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
when girls sum times break-up wif guys

Zeekaz, we ask that everyone try to post in standard English, not netspeak or slang. It makes it easier for everyone to understand, especially board users who don't have English as their first language.

Check out New to Scarleteen?.

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 10-25-2003).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gothicbeautyqueen
Activist
Member # 12941

thanx for the advice guys and just to fill you in. i took all of your advice from this thread and a few others and me and my boyfriend decided to break it off and become better friends. we are more or less going out on dates and getting to know eachother more. we are also dating other people so we can expierence everything while we are young. i mean i was in a relationship for almost 2 years and i want a break now. we have been really great and doing even better then before. me and the guy at work both said we liked eachother but becuase of an age difference (16 and 20) we decided to wait until i am older and maybe try something then.

so thanx for the great advice you guys.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.