Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » PLEASE!!!! WHAT DO YOU OLDER PEOPLE THINK I SHOULD DO!?!?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PLEASE!!!! WHAT DO YOU OLDER PEOPLE THINK I SHOULD DO!?!?!
Foxxy chica
Neophyte
Member # 14162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foxxy chica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello this is my first time posting on this site(by the way awesome site) ne who alrite i am 15 year old girl and i am in love! i have been daiting this wounderful guy for a year and couple months and he is everything i like in a guy. I have known him since 5th grade but we were not enimies but just didnt like eachother in that way. but towards the end of school last year we talked to eachother a lot on the computer and at school. we started to grow closer to eachother and found we had a lot on common. then he finally asked me out. for about 4 or 5months thou we didnt do anything couple related we just talked and i had though maybe he is runing away or something then one day he told me i was the first girl who has ever made him feel excited to be with and he said he was so nervous to be with me and then i finally went to his house and we kissed for the first time (it was our first kiss for both of us) and when we did i felt this spark like it was meant to be and he did also! we grew closer and closer to eachother and then one nite he had to share something with me. we hadnt been able to spend as much time as we wanted with eachother and it killed the both of us. it made me come to tears some nites becuz i knew i love him with all my heart and it hurt! i had school and sports to worry about so we coudlnt see eachother. well the nite he told me i was the one he wanted to spend his life with! that it was meant to be and he could see me as his wife having his children some day! and i thought that too about him. when i look into his eyes i know hes the one for me! but he just went on about how he cared for me and would never hurt me and all he wants to do is care for me! he was in tears when he was telling me all of this. i feel the same way about him!his parents like me and my parents like him! everything is perfect but i guess after writting about my relationship my questions is am i to young to be thinking about all of this i know i am 15 but we are both ready for this serious relationship. we havent had any fights and we have gotten through alot of things! but people tell me i should be daiting other guys and or not daiting at all becuz i am a very good athlete and should be concentraiting on sports and school! but i cant becuz i dont want to loose this guy he is my best friend in the world and my everything! so pleaes i need help on how to deal and or what should i do! thanx so much
~~Foxxy~~~

Posts: 4 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweetpeas0214
Activist
Member # 15069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweetpeas0214     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...I am 18 and getting married in 2 months. I am young but I know that the guy I am with is truly the man I feel I should spend the rest of my life with. I am not saying that you should go and get married right away or anything like that. Maybe you should just stay together and see where your relationship goes if you are ment to spend the rest of your life together then thats what will happen. Untill then just enjoy being in a good relationship.
Posts: 57 | From: Knoxville, Tn, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MASKCOLE
Neophyte
Member # 10716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MASKCOLE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foxxy,

Age (as many, many peple have said numerous times) is not a determining factor in anything except legal status'. As far as relationships and feelings go, you and your partner are the only ones who can decide just how far you want to take a relationship. How serious you want to be is up to you. Please realize though, a lot of people fall head over heals for their first love, and then become heartbroken when things don't work out. This doesn't necessarily HAVE to be YOUR case, but I have seen it many a time. One of my best friends was in your shoes and her first real boyfriend and her were planning their marriage and having children and all that jazz, but of course, unless you are Romeo and Juliet or a couple with such extraordinary connections, usually your "first love" is not your last.

Basically, what I'm saying is.... the decision to become however seirous you may want to be in this relationship is up to you and your partner, just be careful of your heart and have fun with realtionships. They don't all have to be so serious... having fun is what makes most relationships last. So, have fun and be safe!

Posts: 30 | From: Orlando, Fl., U.S.A | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~Jasons*Baby~
Neophyte
Member # 15168

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ~Jasons*Baby~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 15 and I have been through the same thing you are going through except my boyfriend was 17 about to be 18 at the time. I think that you should go out with him until you are older and then if you two still truely feel that way you should get married. You have to remember that you still have your whole future ahead of you and you have sports and school and you probably wouldn't want anything to ruin that. if you have anymore questions [I hope you find answers to them in the wisdom of Pooh. But I also hope you remember never to post your email address here, as I have managed to do a grand total of 6 times so far since I've signed up for this site earlier today.]

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 10-19-2003).]

Posts: 30 | From: Trenton,GA U.S.A | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ~Jasons*Baby~:
I think that you should go out with him until you are older and then if you two still truely feel that way you should get married.

I'd just like to say that marriage is not everyone's cup of tea, and the act of getting married does not guarantee that the relationship will be set in concrete, if you like. There are plenty more threads on dating older people right here so please use the search function first, here's some to get you started: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum8/HTML/000089.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/002024.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/002107.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/002339.html

[~Jasons*Baby~, please go back and read the guidelines:
"For your safety, you may not post personal information, such as full names, phone numbers, personal photos and/or e-mail or postal addresses."
DO NOT post your e-mail address!! Please go back and edit this out of all your posts. Thanks.]

*badger*

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heaven08
Neophyte
Member # 13788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heaven08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i totally understand what you are going through. My first serious boyfriend was when i was 14 and we went out for 3 years together. I got opinions from everyside. but i just stayed and did what i had to do. it was a wonderful experience and i dont regret anyhing. Even if we arent together today, i dont regret the decision i made back then. Its what made me happy at them time.
Posts: 26 | From: Miami, FL USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bunny_loves_Aaron
Neophyte
Member # 15149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bunny_loves_Aaron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I first started dating my fiance when I was 13. Now that I'm 16 we are still together and planning our wedding which will be in about 18 months! My fince and I have had so many arguments with friends and people we know and a few times I just got really sick of defending our relationship all the time! But it had nothing to do with our friends, it was a relationship between my fiance and I, and some times you ahve to remind yourself that its not about hwo your friends feel but about how you feel!
Hope I helped
Angel

Posts: 4 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.