Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Only one friend....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Only one friend....
Psycho_girl14!!!
Activist
Member # 8784

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Psycho_girl14!!!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi...I thought i had alot of friends..but lately i realized i mainly have one...Brittany...but the rest are people that i thought were my friends...but i don't think they consider me a friend..i don't know how i got this feeling but i think it is cause..they all hang around together..they don't really hang out w/ me... i kinda have to hang out w/ them..i guess..i'm like a bug to them..i am an annoyence...i wish i was a bug..i wouldn't live this long a life...i hate my life...i have one friend..but i think that is all...i wish the friends i thought were my friends consider me friends..but i don't think they do..cause they all of other friends..who they hang around w/...what should i do w/ myself? i wish i could go to another school
Posts: 64 | From: Virginia, U.S.A | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't know that you bug or annoy them, and even if you did then they are not worth your time.

Go make some new friends! Talk to someone you see in public and make a conversation with them. Or if you are back in school, talk to some new people. Plus, there are always new kids coming in.

And yeah, life can suck sometimes but it will get better.

Just try and meet new people, and think at least you have one good friend. People don't always have that.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, one friend is better than none!

Is it possible that you're just rather new to this group of friends? Perhaps they have known each other longer than you? It can take a while to consider someone a friend. Perhaps they just need to get a better sense of who you are.

There's no need to hate your life. It can get really lonely sometimes, I know. But maybe you could join clubs at school and meet people with similar interests. Also, perhaps during this time you could get closer to Brittany. It's amazing how much better a close friend can make you feel.

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
meeting people is easy (that's a radiohead reference, btw)

Meeting People http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/001832.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/001106.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/001643.html

------------------
"In God we trust. All others must pay cash..." faw-choon kookie say.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho_girl14!!!
Activist
Member # 8784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Psycho_girl14!!!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi..thanks... i didn't think i annoyed them..but now adays..i feel like i am and one of my "friends" said that too of coarse this "friend" called me dumb..and doesn't understand me..but i feel like that always now

I'm not new to this group..they have nown eachother longer..but i came to the school i am in at the begining of 6th grade..and i'm going into 9th now.. but i really thought we were all friends.. i really did..till this year...

I don't know how to make new friends at my school..we have a revitivly small school..and its kinda hard to do that..soo..right..thanks for the help...
but i will always hate my life...8th grade is the worst year i had and if feels like its just not going to do well for me this year

Posts: 64 | From: Virginia, U.S.A | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tigress
Activist
Member # 9461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tigress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand how you feel about having one friend. I'm that kind of person where I like to have one really really close mate--like a best--and then all the others are good, but not like that one.

<<on topic>>

About that group of girls who you don't think are your true mates, I think you should either try to talk to them about how you feel and tell them everything you told us, or do things with other people. I myself go to a private school that is small as well, so I know that can sometimes be hard to meet people and get along with everyone. Just talk to your friends and hopefully they will understand and change their ways.

Good luck!

Posts: 119 | From: SoRoa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho_girl14!!!
Activist
Member # 8784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Psycho_girl14!!!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have talked to them..i know i have talked to 1 of them..but i know she would tell the rest..thats just what kinda person she is..but it hasn't helped any...
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds very rough. But from personal experience, it's perfectly possible to go through patches of being isolated and having few friends - it happened to me pretty much all the way through school - and end up making many more friends as you get older.

So even if you can't find any solutions now, please don't assume that this is how it will always be.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.