Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Thanks to friends. . .

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thanks to friends. . .
Maryha
Activist
Member # 7897

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Maryha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I had an interesting experience in which my friend helped me with something for which I am inherently grateful, and I'm sure many of you would have a similar experience to share (though, not necessarily similar to the actual story line). So, I just figured I'd make an open forum in which to thank friends for. . . whatever!
I personally want to thank one of my girlfriends for getting condoms for me. Over a dozen from Planned Parenthood. It's true that I could have gotten some for myself, but I think it was totally sweet of her to offer to get me some and be so supportive of me. Thanks hun, always.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 7 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my two closests friends sit and listen to my ranting and raving for hours on end... its sooo great of them! my bf and i broke up in july... and they sit and listen...

on a few occassions when i was really upset and didnt want to leave my room one of my friends who lives like two blocks away dragged me out of the house and we watched movies or walked around the neighborhood...

if they werent here for me... i'd still prob be locked up in my room still... argh... lol

they listen to all my lil crushes and "ooo this kid is sooooooo cute" stories...

can ya tell i'm a lil tiny bit boy crazy lol... its all good...

THANKX TO THEM! =)

------------------
dont worrie b happie... its like a law! =)

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At a birthday party I had, it ended up being a total mess. I said "Oh great, I get to clean up all of this tomorrow!" and only 2 of my friends offered to clean [and did]. It was so sweet.
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
West1001
Activist
Member # 8317

Icon 10 posted      Profile for West1001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friends have always been there when I need some harsh cheering up. They always make me smile and laugh, and whenever I'm around them those dreadful grey clouds always seem to clear up. My friend Marissa, has stuck by me nomatter what, and Marion is always there to listen, and give in her two cents. They're great!
Posts: 99 | From: Vancouver, BC, CANADA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnsouthpawjr
Activist
Member # 9384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnsouthpawjr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shortly after I graduated from high school, a friend I hadn't seen in 3 years went above and beyond his call of duty. He helped me get re-adjusted to the city. He'd always listen to me and be a great friend.

Many Christmases, he'd invite me to be with his family. Since my family typically got together 2 weeks after Christmas -- that made my holiday brighter.

Posts: 73 | From: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my friends have always been there for me and listen to me complain about my petty love life, and always make sure to give me their advice before i make a big decision. my friend Tiff has always been there, i'd be sooo dredfully confused without her, and all my friends have, really. i have no idea what i'd do without some of em! :-D

------------------
~*your winning me over with everything u say...you rip my heart right out...and when i let you closer i only want you closer...you rip me apart...

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.